"Morlaix" Morlaix by Andrew_W_K
Morlaix Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 136 photos
Morlaix is a very picturesque little town in northern Brittany a few miles inland that has a large pleasure harbour on the river, some beautiful overhanging half timbered houses and a viaduct that spans the gorge that the town inhabits.
I read somewhere that the RAF went sent to bomb the viaduct during the war as it was an important route for the Germans transporting equipment to their submarine bases. Happily (for todays tourists) they seem to have failed.
As I mention above there are many fine half timbered houses and cobbled old streets to explore in Morlaix.
About 5km further south and west of Saint-Thégonnec is the village of Guimiliau and another stunning Breton calvary. The... more travel advice
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Morlaix Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Long Overdue, And Much Too Short, Visit"
- "Breton Beer"
- "Morlaix Brittany"
- "Morlaix to Roscoff"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Morlaix
- Hotels in Morlaix
- Transportation in Morlaix
- Restaurants in Morlaix
- Shopping in Morlaix
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Morlaix
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Morlaix?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Morlaix
Photos in MorlaixSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos