"Plouha" Plouha by Andrew_W_K
Plouha Travel Guide: 0 reviews and 1 photos
The village of Plouha is fairly unremarkable but the same cannot be said for nearby Plage Bonaparte. The beach itself is covered with large rocks that make finding a comfortable place a bit difficult but show some patience and you'll be rewarded as the tide recedes it reveals a lovely sandy beach with clear water.
More remarkable though is that this beach was used during the war to smuggle out 135 allied airman who had escaped capture. A plaque commemorates this event.
There is also a darker side where nearby a stone cross marks the spot where the Nazis shot the entire male population of the village in retaliation for the shooting of one of its own officers. Grim stuff!
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Plouha Travel Guide
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Plouha
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Plouha?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Plouha
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos