"Treguier" Tréguier by Andrew_W_K
Tréguier Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 140 photos
One of my favourite towns in Brittany. Treguier occupies a spot at the confluence of two rivers that form a deep estuary some 5 miles from the open sea. The town spreads up the banks of the estuary to a pretty little square flanked by one of the finest cathedrals in the region.
Built in the 14th century from the local pinkish coloured granite the cathedral is a very harmonious building. The spire above the tower over the transept has shapes carved into it to allow the wind to pass through having blown down a previous spire.
There are some wonderful cloisters within the cathedral that are both harmonious and tranquil.
Andrew_W_K's Related Pages
Tréguier Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Welcome to Tugdual's town!"
- "WELCOME TO MY TRéGUIER PAGE......:-)"
- "Another Brittany Cathedral Town"
- "Treguier, Brittany"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tréguier
- Hotels in Tréguier
- Transportation in Tréguier
- Restaurants in Tréguier
- Shopping in Tréguier
- Warnings and Dangers in Tréguier
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tréguier
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Tréguier?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tréguier
Top 10 Pages
- Bridgnorth Intro, 18 reviews, 58 photos, 1 travelogue
- Luxor Intro, 22 reviews, 43 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Shropshire Intro, 11 reviews, 44 photos, 2 travelogues
- Greece Intro, 6 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Poitiers Intro, 8 reviews, 18 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 19 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 4 reviews, 20 photos
- Vienna Intro, 8 reviews, 15 photos
- Chester Intro, 4 reviews, 18 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Worcester Intro, 7 reviews, 15 photos