"Hongsa - just off the tourist trail" Khoueng Xaignabouli by hoying
Khoueng Xaignabouli Travel Guide: 43 reviews and 51 photos
Hongsa is situated in a beatifull wide valley just south of the Mekong river. The town is know for the Elephants that are widely used for clearing the junlge of wood. Now this might not seem like an attrction but it is quite an amazing to see a domesticated elephant make it way on small treks through the jungle while carrying large logs out of it. If you are lucky you will have the chance to ride them for a while as well.
It is easy to reach, there is a road that connects it to the Mekong just 1.5 hours from Pak Beng towards Luang Prabang (or 5 hours from LP).
If you are there, a great place to stay as a "Home away from home", is the Jumbo Guesthouse, run by a lovely Germna lady
Khoueng Xaignabouli Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "remote province with many treasuers"
- "Hongsa - just off the tourist trail"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Hotels in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Transportation in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Nightlife in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Restaurants in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Shopping in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- Warnings and Dangers in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Khoueng Xaignabouli
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Khoueng Xaignabouli?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Khoueng Xaignabouli
Photos in Khoueng XaignabouliSee All Photos (3)
No friends yet.