"Transit through La Ceiba" La Ceiba by Diverdan28
La Ceiba Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 19 photos
For me , La Ceiba was a stopover while enroute to Roatan. I arrived on the Hedman Alas bus from San Pedro Sula in early evening, and left the next morning, via ferry, to Roatan
The Hedman Alas terminal is small but very modern. Its in a fenced compound so your arrival or departure is not stressed by hawkers etc. The compound is a bit on the outskirts of town. Hedman Alas uses luggage chits so you don't have to worry about losing your bags.
If you arrive early for your bus, there is a Wendy's about 300M down the road, toward town. Take a right at the gas station and intersection.
There are taxis within the compound and they seem reputable. There were three of us and he drove us to two hotels before we found one we liked. he didn't complain and didn';t jack up the agreed upon fare. The fare was less than $5 per person.
The same taxi agreed to pick us up the next morning and was prompt and very helpful with bags etc.
- Pros:Lots of services. good bus connections.
- Cons:Sunday night is a bad time to arrive. many places are closed.
- In a nutshell:next time I'll try to stay a day to see the town.
Stayed one night while in transit through La Ceiba. Hotel is very modern with well appointed rooms, great amenities,... more travel advice
Diverdan28's Related Pages
La Ceiba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few days in La Ceiba, Honduras"
- "Small Paradise Found"
- "Transit through La Ceiba"
- "The ferry journey from La Ceiba to Roatán Island"
- "La Ceba - Honduras"
- "La Ceiba on the Honduras coast"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in La Ceiba
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to La Ceiba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in La Ceiba
Top 10 Pages
- Puerto Viejo Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Montezuma Intro, 8 reviews, 3 photos
- Isla de Roatán Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Top 5 Page for this destination Courseulles-sur-Mer 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Caye Caulker Intro, 5 reviews
- Utila 4 reviews
- La Ceiba Intro, 4 reviews
- Guérande 1 review, 3 photos
- San Pedro Sula 3 reviews
- Mali 2 reviews
No friends yet.