"Karlovo - beauty and heroism" Karlovo by mirchica
Karlovo Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 109 photos
Karlovo is a city situated in the foot of Stara Planina Mountain. It is 60 km away from Plovdiv and 147 km from Sofia.
Bulgaria is the world’s largest supplier of rose oil and related products, such as creams , perfumes,etc.The rose valleys are situated near Kazanlak and Karlovo.Every year on the first Saturday of Juny, in Karlovo they celebrate the Day of Rose.
Vasil Levski, was born in Karlovo on 18th July 1837. He was the leader of the Bulgarian National Revolution, founder of the Internal Revolutionary Organization and the Bulgarian Revolutionary Central On 27th December 1872, Levski was caught by the Turkish police.He was sentenced to death by hanging. On 18th February 1873, the death sentence was carried out to Sofia. The place of Vassil Levski’s execution is in the centre of today’s Sofia.Now there is a monument on this place.
The Day of Roses in Karlovo is celebrated on the first Saturday of June. Then Karlovo becomes the capital of the most... more travel advice
The Old Town is a historical place which shows the spirit of the old houses of the Bulgarian National Revival. About a... more travel advice
mirchica's Related Pages
Karlovo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlovo - beauty and heroism"
- "Levski's Birthplace and Much More"
- "Coming Soon Karlovo!"
- "KARLOVO & SOPOT"
- "It Takes Two"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlovo
- Hotels in Karlovo
- Transportation in Karlovo
- Restaurants in Karlovo
- Shopping in Karlovo
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlovo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlovo
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Karlovo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlovo
Photos in KarlovoSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Plovdiv Intro, 72 reviews, 166 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Varna Intro, 44 reviews, 144 photos, 1 travelogue
- Bulgaria Intro, 32 reviews, 141 photos
- London Intro, 35 reviews, 134 photos
- Düsseldorf Intro, 36 reviews, 131 photos
- Belgrade Intro, 23 reviews, 88 photos
- Prague Intro, 24 reviews, 83 photos
- Brasov Intro, 17 reviews, 81 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bansko Intro, 20 reviews, 78 photos
- Nürnberg Intro, 22 reviews, 73 photos