"Varna- one of my favourite cities" Top 5 Page for this destination Varna by mirchica

Varna Travel Guide: 419 reviews and 1,117 photos

Sea capital

Varna is the biggest city at the Bulgarian Black Sea coast and the third one in the country. I feel Varna as my second home and every summer I come back here with pleasure. And every time I come I discover something new. Love that feeling.

The port

Here is the main port in Bulgaria and also very important at the Black Sea. A lot of cargo and passenger ships moor here as well as rich yachts and sailing training ships from all over the World.

Sea resort

Varna is also one of the most popular sea resorts in Bulgaria. People come here because they wanna learn more about the region and the country because of the many landmarks in and aroud the city.
There are a lot of hotels for all type of tourists. The nightlife is also on high level. You just can't be bored here.

• Pros:You can feel the summer here
  • Cons:Very sad in winter time...and windy
  • Last visit to Varna: Aug 2011
  • Intro Updated Aug 19, 2011

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Love this page Mira. This is what VT is all about - getting different, very individual viewpoints of a place. I must, must, must plan Bulgaria into next year's travels.

• mirchica's Profile Photo
      Mar 15, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Thank you, John! I have to fix some things but see when I find some time :)
      You're more than welcome!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2012 at 2:17 AM

great page, I need to get to Bulgaria. Any suggestions of must sees beyond Sofia?

• mirchica's Profile Photo
      Sep 14, 2012 at 2:28 AM

Plovdiv is a must see and of course we have also some beautiful cities like Varna and Veliko Tarnovo, also some small revival towns like Koprivshtitsa, Kalofer, Troyan, Zlatograd, some villages like Bozhentsi, Kovachevitsa, Shiroka Laka, we also have some fabulous monasteries like Rila Monastery, Bachkovo Monastery, Troyan Monastery, not forget some historical mountan resorts like Bansko or along the sea like Nessebar and Balchik. It all depends on how long you wanna stay and what exactly you want to see :))))

• Dizzyhead's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2009 at 1:17 PM

Look like the stones from Gotland Mira!

• johngayton's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Nice Varna page and it is a very nice city. Just a suggestion - your tips could do with a few more links to make them more informative. Cheers, John.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2009 at 5:59 PM

Hi Mira, it has been a few years since I was in Varna although I loved it. You have had a great first year on VT, some wonderful tips, keep it up. Fergy.

mirchica

“travel around the world in any case you have the chance”

Badges & Stats in Varna