"isolina_it's new Izola Page" Izola by isolina_it
Izola Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 83 photos
Izola is old fishing town with the rich history. With the pleasant position and the marine is also important nautical centre. The first step toward the tourism started in 1820 when the thermal water was discovered. The town is important by a fishing industry. The first fishing industry factory at the Adriatic coast was built near Izola. Interesting: Latin name for island is *izola* and Izola use to be an island which was connected to the mainland with a stony bridge. The town was encompassed with the wall which was at the beginning of the 19th century pulled down and the material was used to cover sea between the island and mainland. Izola use to be known as a town of the rebels. It has also declared Independence in 1253 and became a town with the proper laws and authority for a short period. In the 13th and 14th century there were also a "town wars" with the Piran and Koper.
isolina_it's Related Pages
Izola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Izola - Forgotten town on the Adriatic"
- "... just so that it's not always Piran!"
- "tetekung's new Izola Page"
- "isolina_it's new Izola Page"
- "Gingerpipp's Izola Page"
- "farwell to autumn, welcome winter"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Izola
- Hotels in Izola
- Transportation in Izola
- Nightlife in Izola
- Restaurants in Izola
- Shopping in Izola
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Izola
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Izola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Izola
Photos in IzolaSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 62 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 76 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Messina Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Palmi Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 27 reviews, 23 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue