Suriname Things to Do Tips by isolina_it
Suriname Things to Do: 82 reviews and 249 photos
The local market in Paramaribo is a huge covered place with hundreds of stands and many more in the adjacent street on the back of the main road.
In the first big hangar you find vegetable, fruit, cloths and so on, in a separate hangars there are meat and fish stands.
It's a pleasure to enjoy fresh products there!
Visiting Powaka you can't miss a stop to the small creek. Locally maintained, low fee to access, a couple of huts to shelter, and a pretty creek surroundered by jungle flora to refresh.
Powaka is an Indian village south of Paramaribo.
It takes almost 1 hour drive and about 20 minutes along the red bumpy road to reach it.
Our fav taxi driver was born there, so we decided to visit it and give him a chance to grab some food to take back to the city from his dad. It is a pretty rural village, very quiet, houses are a bit far the one from the other, the only gathering place is where the church and the school are located.
White Beach is an artificial beach created on the Suriname river and it is a very popular destination.
The strip of water where people are allowed to swim is protected with a net, in order to be kept clean and free from the river water animals.
The beach is about half hour drive from Paramaribo, the entrance is 10srn per person and 5 srn for car parking.
The place is well maintened, there are several facilities, cafe', cabins with toilet and showers and along the beach there are several huts with tables and hammocks for restoration and shelter.
isolina_it's Related Pages
Suriname Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "6 months Beautiful Surinam"
- "ATLC's roots in Suriname"
- "Suriname, lots of green."
- "Talking Dutch far away"
- "A Trip to my neighbouring Country SURINAME"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suriname
- Hotels in Suriname
- Transportation in Suriname
- Nightlife in Suriname
- Restaurants in Suriname
- Shopping in Suriname
- Warnings and Dangers in Suriname
- See All...
Explore the World
- North Anclote Key Hotels
- Hajduszoboszlo Hotels
- Maryborough Hotels
- Collins Landing Hotels
- Montelupo Fiorentino
Badges & Stats in Suriname
- 6 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Suriname?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suriname
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 62 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 76 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Messina Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Palmi Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 27 reviews, 23 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue