"A'dam 2002" Amsterdam by isolina_it
Amsterdam Travel Guide: 10,233 reviews and 21,443 photos
I`ve always felt attracted and fascinated by the not so big northern europe cities and when I moved to Amsterdam in Sept 2002 I realized that those feelings were really true. I am a sicilian native, a mediterranean character and to me it was a kind of stimulation and challenge to come in touch with people of a so different culture and customs. I really feel at ease in this country, with its nature, its laws, its different people and its somewhat contradictive tolerance. Not to forget the water (canals and rains) which is a very important aspect of my living here, if you consider I am coming from an island, i could have never moved into a ``desert`` city ;)!
I live in Valentijnkade, Amsterdam East. It is pretty quiet and nice. How do enjoy late evening landscapes like this from my window, and the ducks my neighbour!
- Pros:bikes to reach easily everywhere
- Cons:the weather and mobile phones ringing all over...
- In a nutshell: Windmills in my mind...
I usually don`t like zoos and I never visit them, so I entered Artis just because I had to attend a wedding party in the... more travel advice
The day before Queen`s day can be as exciting as the day after. In some neighbourhoods (Watergraafsmeer i.e.) the... more travel advice
- See All For pub lovers
- See All Vla
- See All Birthdays
- See All Cycling warning
- See All Dutch countryside
isolina_it's Related Pages
Amsterdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MY BIRTHPLACE"
- "God made the Dutch, but the Dutch made Holland"
- "Amsterdam - I love it!"
- "Amsterdam, is it real?"
- "Amsterdam, where the Dutch money is spend"
- "Amsterdam! The most liberal city in the World"
- "Dutch Arts and History."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Amsterdam
- Hotels in Amsterdam
- Transportation in Amsterdam
- Nightlife in Amsterdam
- Restaurants in Amsterdam
- Shopping in Amsterdam
- Warnings and Dangers in Amsterdam
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Amsterdam
- 76 Reviews
- 69 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Amsterdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Amsterdam
Photos in AmsterdamSee All Photos (69)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 62 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 76 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Messina Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Palmi Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 27 reviews, 23 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue