Delft Favorite Tips by isolina_it
Delft Favorites: 41 reviews and 46 photos
Favorite thing: The New Church (De Nieuwe Kerk) situated on the Markt was built between 1383 and 1510. The black and white marble sarcophagus of William I of Orange, surrounded by allegorical statues representing Fame, Valor, Religion, Justice and Liberty, is most impressive. His little dog, who died because he refused to eat when his master died, adds a poignant note to the tomb. The exceptional tomb was designed by Hendrick de Keyser in 1614 and completed by his son Pieter in 1622. The Burial Vaults of the Royal family are not accessible but there is a diagram showing locations and identifying coffins.
There are also exhibitions on the House of Orange and the history of the church.
Climb the tower of the New Church! Enjoy the view at more than 356 feet high. When the weather is clear, you have a magnificent view over the glass greenhouses of Westland, and the cities of The Hague, Zoetermeer, Gouda, Rotterdam, the harbors and industry of the Rijnmond area and the North Sea.
Favorite thing: De Porceleyne Fles’ is the last remaining Delftware factory from the 17th century. The world famous Royal Delftware is still entirely hand painted according to centuries old traditions and techniques.
isolina_it's Related Pages
Delft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For your Dutch quaintness fix :-)"
- "Delft from where the "blue" conquered the world."
- "DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS"
- "Delving into Delft"
- "Playing tourist on a beautiful sunny but cold day"
- "The Royal Delft"
- "Delft in 1995"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delft
- Hotels in Delft
- Transportation in Delft
- Nightlife in Delft
- Restaurants in Delft
- Shopping in Delft
- Warnings and Dangers in Delft
- See All...
Explore the World
- Canton Hotels
- Sun Lakes State Park Hotels
- Ilfracombe Hotels
- Sarrat Hotels
- Barton upon Humber
Badges & Stats in Delft
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Delft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delft
Photos in DelftSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 62 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 76 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Messina Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Palmi Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 27 reviews, 23 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
Travel InterestsSee All Travel Interests (5)
Latest Delft hotel reviews
- Campanile Hotel Delft
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Hotel de Emauspoort
- 206 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 23, 2013
- China Hotel Holland
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Restaurant Johannes Vermeer
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Leeuwenbrug
- 94 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 24, 2013
- Best Western Museumhotels Delft
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Soul Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Hotel de Kok
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel De Vlaming
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2010
- Hotel de Plataan Delft
- 41 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Markt square- 14 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Nieuwe Kerk- 39 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Town Hall- 23 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Delft Blue ceramics- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Oude Kerk- 26 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Prinsenhof- 22 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Canals- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Royal tomb- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Delfland water council house- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- Oostpoort- 15 Reviews, 21 Photos
See All Delft Things to Do