"Palmi: my memories as a child" Palmi by isolina_it
Palmi Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 42 photos
I have grown up in Palmi during my school weekends and spent here all my summer holidays for more than 15 years and now that I live so far I feel that I must visit Palmi at least every year. Memories of beach, shores, coast, countryside and walking barefooted among agricultural growings is so rooted inside me...that I return to be a child every time I step into my old grandmas house or even as I happen to think about it!...
Costa Viola or Violet Coast, that tract of the littoral which stretches up to Villa San Giovanni and so named because of the violet colour of its crystal-clear sea, begins at PALMI, a modern town with larpes squares and wide avenues situated on a terrace overlooking the sea at the North-western tip of Aspromonte, and dominated by Mount Sant'Elia. The very first historical records of Palmi, which is the main centre of Rosarno Plain, date from 1310 although its oripins probably date as far back as the 10th century, when it sprang up as a refuge of the inhabltants of Taurianum, the ancient Roman town that was destroyed by the Saracens in 951. Its name perhaps derives from the fact that numerous palm trees grow in the surrounding countryside.
A few kilometres away from the town one comes to Lido di Palmi, situated in the centre of a beautiful cove, with a beach of very fine sand and enclrcled by suggestive cliffs. Here, one can find weil-equipped bathing areas, modern hotels and excellent restaurants.
Isnt that wonderful?
A long walk of stone stairs can take you not really down but enough to take a better view of the blues water.
Infact the very little red spot in the pics its me....taking breath to come up again :)
- Summers in Palmi
- Genuine food
- Costa Viola Diving Center
- See All Torre dei Saraceni
isolina_it's Related Pages
Palmi Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Palmi
- Hotels in Palmi
- Transportation in Palmi
- Nightlife in Palmi
- Restaurants in Palmi
- Shopping in Palmi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palmi
- 34 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Palmi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palmi
Photos in PalmiSee All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Iceland Intro, 62 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Amsterdam Intro, 76 reviews, 69 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Messina Intro, 44 reviews, 56 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos
- Palmi Intro, 34 reviews, 36 photos, 3 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 4 reviews, 47 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dublin Intro, 27 reviews, 23 photos
- Sicilia Intro, 24 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 22 reviews, 23 photos
- Eugene Intro, 14 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue