"Relationships & Experiences are Life's Souvenirs" Anthropologist's Profile

Tidbits about myself

By the time I was 17 I had moved 15 times. My dad was in the army during the Vietnam war years, so we moved a bit. Then job changes continued that trend. So I was able to see many places as a young person and meet many wonderful people. I have lived in Georgia, Nebraska, Germany, Washington, Utah, and Illinois. From farming to the busy city, I love it all!
This type of life taught me appreciation and fascination for the differences in people and places. That's why I chose to study Cultural Anthropology. If I could, I would see every nitch of this planet! Money is always the hinderance, but little by little I'm seeing more of the world, and I'm taking my family with me. That adds to the joy of discovering a new place.
When I'm home, my second joy is gardening. I've been a member of the Utah Rose Society for years. There is a thrill in seeing my yard full of flowers, plants, mosaics, and color! One of my favorite activities is to have garden parties with lots of friends and scrumptious food. I've even invited the entire neighborhood to come relax in my garden and read the 7th Harry Potter book. Everyone was going to be reading it that first day, so we might as well read it together and in a shaded garden.
When I get a chance to explore the world, I like to study the plants and gardens of the area, as well as sample the food. It gives me ideas to add to my own little world at home.
They say you can't take it with you when you die, but that's not totally true. Things you leave behind, but the relationships we have made and continue to make will always be with us, as well as the experiences of living this amazing adventure called life.

My first rock mosaic!

• Intro Updated Apr 21, 2008

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Anthropologist's Profile Photo

Anthropologist

“The world and its people are fabulous!”

Ranked Member