"A Fun-filled Day Tour" Corregidor Island by deedos
Corregidor Island Travel Guide: 310 reviews and 1,101 photos
Ingredients to a fun-filled day tour:
1. A lot of energy
2. A dribble of sunblock
3. Extra battery pack for digicam,
4. An entertaining tour guide, and
5. Adrenaline-charged travel buddies
Corregidor is a three-mile long, tadpole shaped island rich in history. It was a vital location for Filipino and American defenders of Bataan in World War II.
We began our day waiting for a ferry boat at Manila Bay. We felt the excitement of the local and foreign tourists while we watched a historical documentary of the island while onboard the ferry.
I was especially in awe of the ruins and rubble of what was once the headquarters of the Allied Forces and the seat of the Philippine Commonwealth government during the war. Dug-out hideouts made by the Japanese, the bullet-ridden barracks and armory, the Malinta - tunnel where Gen. Mc Artur set-up his headquarters where hundreds of soldiers and civilians have died...they say their ghosts still roam the island...oooo
deedos' Related Pages
Corregidor Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A ROCK BY THE ENTRANCE OF THE BAY"
- "Corregidor - Island of Bravery and Honour"
- "The Rock"
- "Corregidor: Fortress of Freedom"
- "Corregidor Island"
- "CORREGIDOR ISLAND"
- "Corregidor, Bastion of Freedom Fighters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Corregidor Island
- Hotels in Corregidor Island
- Transportation in Corregidor Island
- Nightlife in Corregidor Island
- Restaurants in Corregidor Island
- Shopping in Corregidor Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Corregidor Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Corregidor Island
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Corregidor Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Corregidor Island
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.