"Experience Outside Luzon--Cebu" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu by Lensky
Province of Cebu Travel Guide: 521 reviews and 1,821 photos
It is a travel of firsts-the first time I went somewhere outside Luzon, the first time I was with my Buddies for a long time, the first trip wherein I was not part of the planning, first time to an International Airport. But definitely this is not the first time I realized how much I love to travel and see places and do things, but it is the first of the many steps I have to take to realize the dream. Anyway, I liked Cebu. It is the city, like I never left Manila at all. Busy streets meaning traffic, night life, many tourist like our group mostly locals. There is only one reason to go to Cebu for vacation and that is its history and I can guarantee that this city is rich with that. Example? This is the place where the Portugese Explorer Ferdinand Magellan first landed in search of the Spice Island.
As I have mentioned, Cebu is now one of the top cities in the Philippines being developed as the 2nd Manila (I think). I once learned in history class that there was actually a debate on which city should be the capital of the Philippines. Is it Cebu where the Spaniards landed and thus discovered the Philippines, or Manila where the seat of the highest leader of all tribes back then is located? It actually didn't end there. Some years ago there was an actual proposal to change the capital from Manila to Cebu. Of course it was opposed mostly by businessmen cause it will be fiscally suicidal to transfer all business to Cebu after settling in Manila. Anyway, this picture is the entrance to Fort San Diego.
One of the places that seems to be plenty in Cebu are Chinese Temples. This is one of the three we visited when we were there. Looks all the same to me though.
- Pros:The fact of being in Cebu.
- Cons:Not much to see or do that you can't see or do in Manila.
- In a nutshell:For the sake of dried squid and lechon Cebu
The picture that we saw on the internet of this hotel is not very promising. But we are on a tight budget (being only... more travel advice
When the Spaniards came in 1521, most Filipino Datu's (tribe leaders) welcomed them with open arms. Welcome means... more travel advice
Lensky's Related Pages
Province of Cebu Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Mabuhay and Welcome to Cebu!"
- "Cebu - Phlippines"
- "Places in Cebu"
- "Experience Outside Luzon--Cebu"
- "Cebu - Along Way from Normal"
- "Enjoy marine in Cebu."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Province of Cebu
- Hotels in Province of Cebu
- Transportation in Province of Cebu
- Nightlife in Province of Cebu
- Restaurants in Province of Cebu
- Shopping in Province of Cebu
- Warnings and Dangers in Province of Cebu
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Province of Cebu
- 4 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Province of Cebu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Province of Cebu
Photos in Province of CebuSee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 13 reviews, 74 photos, 6 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 6 reviews, 31 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tagaytay City Intro, 7 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vigan Intro, 1 review, 31 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Province of Bohol Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Macao Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Panglao Island Intro, 1 review, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Laoag City Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Pasig Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue