"Experience Outside Luzon--Cebu" Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Cebu by Lensky

Province of Cebu Travel Guide: 484 reviews and 1,693 photos

It is a travel of firsts-the first time I went somewhere outside Luzon, the first time I was with my Buddies for a long time, the first trip wherein I was not part of the planning, first time to an International Airport. But definitely this is not the first time I realized how much I love to travel and see places and do things, but it is the first of the many steps I have to take to realize the dream. Anyway, I liked Cebu. It is the city, like I never left Manila at all. Busy streets meaning traffic, night life, many tourist like our group mostly locals. There is only one reason to go to Cebu for vacation and that is its history and I can guarantee that this city is rich with that. Example? This is the place where the Portugese Explorer Ferdinand Magellan first landed in search of the Spice Island.

As I have mentioned, Cebu is now one of the top cities in the Philippines being developed as the 2nd Manila (I think). I once learned in history class that there was actually a debate on which city should be the capital of the Philippines. Is it Cebu where the Spaniards landed and thus discovered the Philippines, or Manila where the seat of the highest leader of all tribes back then is located? It actually didn't end there. Some years ago there was an actual proposal to change the capital from Manila to Cebu. Of course it was opposed mostly by businessmen cause it will be fiscally suicidal to transfer all business to Cebu after settling in Manila. Anyway, this picture is the entrance to Fort San Diego.

One of the places that seems to be plenty in Cebu are Chinese Temples. This is one of the three we visited when we were there. Looks all the same to me though.

• Pros:The fact of being in Cebu.
  • Cons:Not much to see or do that you can't see or do in Manila.
  • In a nutshell:For the sake of dried squid and lechon Cebu
  • Last visit to Province of Cebu: Oct 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 13, 2008

Comments

Lensky

“All over the world... one step at a time.”

Badges & Stats in Province of Cebu

Have you been to Province of Cebu?