"A shock for the eyes and the soul" Top 5 Page for this destination Mont Saint Michel by vinc_bilb

Mont Saint Michel Travel Guide: 302 reviews and 990 photos

FRANCE FAR WEST SUMMER VACATIONS - step 3

After The chateau of Chenonceau and 3 hours by Car, we arrived in Normandy, slept in Avranches one night as we wanted to be ready early the morning for "attacking" the famous Mont Saint Michel.
We've neither been there before, even if we had some ideas,...

Oh my gosh, it was a shock for me, similar to what I felt in Petra (Jordan)!

See and feel-it

>>> Personnal rating: 5/5

There is a spiritual dimension, an hypnotic call, an echo, a signature of the Faith concentrated during more than 1300 years, which resound in me.

See it, feel it, if you can.
(my wish)

The "Wonder of the West"?

"Wonder of the West", the Mont-Saint-Michel stands an isolated tidal rock in the middle of of an immense bay invaded by the highest tides in Europe. It welcomes nearly three and a half million people every year (the second rank in France, after Paris)

The Mont Saint Michel is a small medieval village, with the amazing abbey dedicated to the Archangel Michael on the top.

• Pros:One of the world's wonders
  • Cons:Crowded, not enough time
  • Last visit to Mont Saint Michel: Aug 2009
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2009

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2011 at 11:18 PM

This is a great page. You have given us info that I for one, have not seen before. Very helpful, thank you.

• BruceDunning's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I have seen the pictures of this wonder a lot on TV, but being there must be awe inspiring. YOu did a nice job of presenting the monument

• Jan 18, 2010 at 6:44 AM

pics are taken....very nicely!!!

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2009 at 3:18 AM

Wow, it certainly gets very crowded here! Must say, I can understand why, it is so old and impressive, it is a must visit in France!

• rachesuiphilippines's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Truly a magnificient site--Mont St. Michel...wow! I love the pics of castles you posted too. More happy travels,

• tiabunna's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2009 at 3:25 AM

Ah yes, MSM really is a very impressive place, Vince. I enjoyed reliving our visit there (some years ago) through your pages.

• icunme's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2009 at 3:00 AM

Your pages are so sweet - I will see them all - then, come back looking for updates.<(•¿•)> Beach photo is great! Ciao, Carol

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2009 at 2:33 AM

Thank you so much for such an interesting tour. I am simply amazed at its beauty. Definetly need to see this in my lifetime.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2009 at 2:30 AM

Good page. I hope to visit this place one day. Ciao!

vinc_bilb

“Be open minded,tolerant (...with my english too)”

Badges & Stats in Mont Saint Michel

Have you been to Mont Saint Michel?