"Cassis: the magic effect" Top 5 Page for this destination Cassis by vinc_bilb
Cassis Travel Guide: 44 reviews and 107 photos
"He who has seen Paris and who hasn't seen Cassis can say I have seen nothing" (Frederic Mistral, Nobel Prize for Literature winner).
This small fishing port, nestled between two exceptional natural sites, (the famous massif of the Calanques and the majestic Cap Canaille) offers visitors a concentration of Provence and the Mediterranean.
Stones from Cassis are in New York. True !Used as the base of the Statue of Liberty.
The sky here is verry clean, excepted during hot period (july-august)
WARNING: Cassis could be crowded during july and august or during long week-ends from April to September.
I'm used to go to Cassis, when working in Aix en Provence. A pearl: the city is verry nice, and walking in the Calanques (just 2 kms west from the port) is a great way for "cacthing" amazing lanscapes.
Not so "branché" than St Tropez, but more authentic.
Photo credit: office du tourime Cassis
Canaille means rascal, villain but comes from Latin "Canalis mons", "the mountain which swims into the sea". The Cape... more travel advice
A magical effect? I think yes: vineyards and pine forestin around, narrow streets and squares bordered by the colourful... more travel advice
vinc_bilb's Related Pages
Cassis Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cassis and the Calanques"
- "Cassis: the magic effect"
- "Cassis, little touristic harbour near Marseille"
- "First Impressions"
- "The colors of Cassis"
- "Cassis - a port where many artists gathered"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cassis
- Hotels in Cassis
- Transportation in Cassis
- Nightlife in Cassis
- Restaurants in Cassis
- Warnings and Dangers in Cassis
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cassis
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Cassis?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cassis
Photos in CassisSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mont Saint Michel Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belle-Île-en-Mer Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 2 reviews, 45 photos, 7 travelogues