Chambord Tourist Trap Tips by vinc_bilb Top 5 Page for this destination
Chambord Tourist Traps: 2 reviews and 2 photos
You need time to see that (roof)
Not really a trap but I saw some tourists making a very short visit of the castle, shooting some photo's, going to the souvenir shops and ... moving to the next castle.
It's not a race and I recommend to stay enough time in Chambord (one half day typically for the castle, the same for the parc+village+...).
It's a pity in my view to make the visit as short as possible, missing the essential master pieces of this site.
Unique Suggestions: Select less castles and forecast your visits (personnaly, we did that even if organized by ourself: only Chambord and Chenonceau in 2 days)
Fun Alternatives: - Don't select operators for the "Loire valley castles tour" proposing to visit 8 castles in 2 days... (I'm slightly kidding)
- If you are running in limited time, select the conducted tour with a guide (see my general tip for more details)
Supports for pre-selection:
castles of the Loire valley
Offical tourism information center of Blois(english): which proposes also some "packages" and could inform or advise you efficiently
A recommended tour operator (according to Chambord staff members) is
Val de Loire prestige
More Reviews (13)
- General information's
- Discover some secrets ...
- See All Visit the attic and the skeleton
vinc_bilb's Related Pages
Chambord Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Royal experience, yes!!"
- "Chateau de Chambord"
- "Moscow - Chambord"
- "Fairytale Chateau."
- "Sharrie's Chambord Facade"
- "Château de Chambord"
- "Our First Glimpses of the Chateau of Chambord"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chambord
- Hotels in Chambord
- Transportation in Chambord
- Shopping in Chambord
- Warnings and Dangers in Chambord
- See All...
Explore the World
- Oron-la-ville Hotels
- Isiolo Buffalo Springs Game Reserve Hotels
- Dillon Hotels
- Ioannina Hotels
Badges & Stats in Chambord
- 14 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Chambord?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chambord
Photos in ChambordSee All Photos (30)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 76 photos, 8 travelogues
- Jordan Intro, 16 reviews, 69 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mont Saint Michel Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belle-Île-en-Mer Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 2 reviews, 45 photos, 7 travelogues