"Sea, Sun, Sand and Camargue" Le Grau-du-Roi by vinc_bilb
Le Grau-du-Roi Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 58 photos
In the past, the resort was a fishing village but nowadays, it is a popular bathing resort with its 18 kilometres of beaches, one of the preferred for a lot of Frenchs.
Sea, jet-skiing or rowing and from the beaches, surf-casting or flying-surf are here.
This maritime town has kept pace with the evolution perhaps for a too long time, with a clear (unexpected?) buildings expansion.
This place retains sometime the atmosphere and charm of a Mediterranean village but could be crowded.
The resort invites you to get in the wild territory the most enigmatic of France : La Camargue.
You can navigate on many lakes : the pound of Ponant, the delta and the canal of the Rhone, which links Sète to the canal of Midi, registered in the world heritage of Unesco. The hollow of the bay of Aigues Mortes is well protected from the wind.
At few kilometres away from there, Aigues-Mortes middle age city is a place to visit, including the salt merchants job.
A different view, but typical: charm of a Mediterranean village and great for tourists
- Pros:Sea, beaches, entry point for Camargue
- Cons:Crowded, too much buildings? Expensive (Apartments)
- In a nutshell:Sea, Sun and Sand
Avoid serious sunburn: - Don't stay on the beach from noon to 3:30pm - Or keep dressed with shirt + hat + sunglasses -... more travel advice
Walking and using bicycles for transportation is clearly a good idea here. - Cars traffic is not so easy - A lot of... more travel advice
vinc_bilb's Related Pages
Le Grau-du-Roi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Sea, Sun, Sand and Camargue"
- "Le Grau du Rai"
- "Le Grau-du-roi"
- "Le Grau du Roi"
- "Busy touristy harbour town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Le Grau-du-Roi
- Transportation in Le Grau-du-Roi
- Restaurants in Le Grau-du-Roi
- Shopping in Le Grau-du-Roi
- Warnings and Dangers in Le Grau-du-Roi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Le Grau-du-Roi
- 10 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Le Grau-du-Roi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Le Grau-du-Roi
Photos in Le Grau-du-RoiSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mont Saint Michel Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belle-Île-en-Mer Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 2 reviews, 45 photos, 7 travelogues