"The best show I ever seen" Puy-du-Fou by vinc_bilb
Puy-du-Fou Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 20 photos
After The Mont Saint Micel and 3 hours by Car (south), we arrived in Vendée for 2 days. After the cultural session, we intended to relax in the most famous historical theme park, called Le puy du fou (official web site in english) (The podium of insanity).
>>> Personnal rating: 5/5
Well, how to say that: the idea of an historical theme park, based on the history of the Vendée region could be attractive for ... some passionate.
But it's a wonderful success, focusing the energies of the whole region and the show grew into a huge spectacular trip through 2,000 years of history.
The Cinescenie spectacle is the best show I ever seen, including the impresive firework display.
The park brings in some 1.2 million visitors every year, making it the second most popular attraction in France after Euro Disney.
With the Puy du Fou Park, travel in the worlds and times have disappeared... but you'll not be alone. The crowd is directly a consequence of this great success (but, as the organization is very efficient, we didn't have to face to major wastes of time).
- Pros:Amazing, the Cinescenie show is ... WOOH
- Cons:Crowded (but OK), almost nothing outsite the Park
- In a nutshell:an exciting glance at the history ... with fun, thrills and emotions.
Informations There is more than enough to fill a full day. Seeing the major shows the same day in fact required a... more travel advice
This theme park does not have any classical activities, it's more a suite of short and beautiful spectacles (25-30... more travel advice
vinc_bilb's Related Pages
Puy-du-Fou Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Puy-du-Fou
- 6 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Puy-du-Fou?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puy-du-Fou
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Dispatches from Pakistan - so..."
- updated a Puy-du-Fou Travelogue "A virtual tasting session ..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "A virtual tasting session ..."
- Wrote a Review 2. THE GRAND PARC: spectacles (Top 5) in Puy-du-Fou Things to Do
- Commented on one of Caddy's Puy-du-Fou travel pages
Photos in Puy-du-FouSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mont Saint Michel Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belle-Île-en-Mer Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 2 reviews, 45 photos, 7 travelogues