"A wrong start for a ... pure happiness" Top 5 Page for this destination San Antonio by vinc_bilb

San Antonio Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 277 photos

Leaving Manila: rely on your friends

My week-end outsite from Manila was really amazing, but I had before to face to some problems of synchronization with my VT friends + cell phone not working + map lost + some misunderstandings + lost in the MRT (wrong line) + ...
It stressed me and I was closed to give up because I didn't know how to manage these cumulative small problems and my predictability was very low (where was I supposed to sleep? to go, to join; to ...) Fortunatly, I did not. A specific and deep "maraming salamat" to my Friend Barbie (VT barbie_sunrise) who had to literally support me and to organize some last minute logistic and accomodations. She was very tolerant, yes, I promise.

I understood from Barbie (the call was noisy): MRT station + "shaw/show/chow" something + restaurant + her waiting for me.
I went to EDSA MRT station and found the right place: Chowking (restaurant), and was looking for Barbie: no chance, she was waiting for me at Shaw Boulevard Station... How patient she was with me!

Lesson N°1: fully trust my friends, they are sometime more reliable than me

Leaving Manila: try to sleep in the bus

Finally, I was able to join Barbie at MRT Shaw Boulevard Stationý (may be it's "Show boulevard" for me) and we had our VT dinner, where we decided to go to Zambales / San-Antonio. So, we moved to EDSA Victort liner bus station, catched a bus to Olongapo at ~11:00 pm an, a short break in between, and an other bus to San-Antonio.
We finaly arrived at big-foot hotel around 4:00 am, decided to walk-up at 6:30am ... and I was absolutly not able to sleep, in the bus nor in my room: the air-conditioning made a noise of plane for the takeoff and cocks began to sing... and I was very excited and in a ang saya saya attitude (super happy).

Lesson N°2 (adapted from Darwin): It is not the strongest of the tourists nor the most intelligent who survives in Philippines. It is the one who is the most adaptable to ... sleep in the pinos bus.

Included in this trip

Subic
Olongapo
San-Antonio
San Marcelino

... and a lot of feelings, mabuhay events.
This trip in Zambales was my first experience outside from metro Manila or Calamba.

Lesson N°3: avoid stereotypes. Philippines are not limited Manila... and it's MABUHAY!!

I was told that I had very opened eyes when I was put under stress or angry.... It was not certainly the case here! (see the photo ...)

• Pros:A dream (I'm not fully objective I know)
  • Cons:Roads ...
  • Last visit to San Antonio: Jun 2009
  • Intro Updated Aug 2, 2009

vinc_bilb

“Be open minded,tolerant (...with my english too)”

Badges & Stats in San Antonio

Have you been to San Antonio?

Latest Activity in San Antonio