"A wrong start for a ... pure happiness" San Antonio by vinc_bilb
San Antonio Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 274 photos
My week-end outsite from Manila was really amazing, but I had before to face to some problems of synchronization with my VT friends + cell phone not working + map lost + some misunderstandings + lost in the MRT (wrong line) + ...
It stressed me and I was closed to give up because I didn't know how to manage these cumulative small problems and my predictability was very low (where was I supposed to sleep? to go, to join; to ...) Fortunatly, I did not. A specific and deep "maraming salamat" to my Friend Barbie (VT barbie_sunrise) who had to literally support me and to organize some last minute logistic and accomodations. She was very tolerant, yes, I promise.
I understood from Barbie (the call was noisy): MRT station + "shaw/show/chow" something + restaurant + her waiting for me.
I went to EDSA MRT station and found the right place: Chowking (restaurant), and was looking for Barbie: no chance, she was waiting for me at Shaw Boulevard Station... How patient she was with me!
Lesson N°1: fully trust my friends, they are sometime more reliable than me
Finally, I was able to join Barbie at MRT Shaw Boulevard Stationý (may be it's "Show boulevard" for me) and we had our VT dinner, where we decided to go to Zambales / San-Antonio. So, we moved to EDSA Victort liner bus station, catched a bus to Olongapo at ~11:00 pm an, a short break in between, and an other bus to San-Antonio.
We finaly arrived at big-foot hotel around 4:00 am, decided to walk-up at 6:30am ... and I was absolutly not able to sleep, in the bus nor in my room: the air-conditioning made a noise of plane for the takeoff and cocks began to sing... and I was very excited and in a ang saya saya attitude (super happy).
Lesson N°2 (adapted from Darwin): It is not the strongest of the tourists nor the most intelligent who survives in Philippines. It is the one who is the most adaptable to ... sleep in the pinos bus.
... and a lot of feelings, mabuhay events.
This trip in Zambales was my first experience outside from metro Manila or Calamba.
Lesson N°3: avoid stereotypes. Philippines are not limited Manila... and it's MABUHAY!!
I was told that I had very opened eyes when I was put under stress or angry.... It was not certainly the case here! (see the photo ...)
- Pros:A dream (I'm not fully objective I know)
- Cons:Roads ...
vinc_bilb's Related Pages
San Antonio Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Antonio, Ecotourism Destination in Zambales"
- "San Antonio, Zambales"
- "Anawangin, San Antonio, Zambales"
- "San Antonio Page"
- "SAN ANTONIO---TOO QUIET FOR ME"
- "Page dedicated to my best friend"
- "Punta De Uain, Pundaquit, San Antiono, Zambales."
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Antonio
- Hotels in San Antonio
- Transportation in San Antonio
- Restaurants in San Antonio
- Warnings and Dangers in San Antonio
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Antonio
- 1 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to San Antonio?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Antonio
Photos in San AntonioSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Jordan Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos, 8 travelogues
- London Intro, 9 reviews, 73 photos, 8 travelogues
- France Intro, 17 reviews, 51 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 6 reviews, 60 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Grenoble Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Manila Intro, 3 reviews, 59 photos, 7 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 18 reviews, 42 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mont Saint Michel Intro, 12 reviews, 37 photos, 2 travelogues
- Belle-Île-en-Mer Intro, 11 reviews, 38 photos, 2 travelogues
- Makati Intro, 2 reviews, 45 photos, 7 travelogues