"Welcome to Hedonism!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Hermosa Beach by bruingirl

Hermosa Beach Travel Guide: 75 reviews and 104 photos

Hermosa Beach is a small beach town, just south of Manhattan Beach. Manhattan Beach is known as the "uppity" town where many of the original surfers and beach bums can no longer afford to live there. Hermosa Beach (HB), on the other hand, still has the feel of beach bums and surfers. HB is mostly 20s, 30s, and 40s something year olds who just don't want to grow up!! Not that there is anything wrong w/ that, mind you.... :) On any given day, you can walk on the Strand and catch people playing volleyball (with coolers filled w/ beer on the side, of course!) or having a beer on their porch so that they can people watch. Like MB, you definitely will not see a shortage of looking people with perfect bodies......have fun and enjoy your stay in the party town of So Cal!!!! This picture was taken during a pub crawl in 2002. For more info into the lifestyle of folks here in the Southbay, check out what our pub crawls are like!! www.rayocreative.com/pubcrawl2003. Although this pubcrawl site is old, it gives you a pretty good idea of what it's like down here....it hasn't changed....

• Pros:The beach, the parties, the bars, the nightlife!!
  • Cons:Too many drunken idiots in one, small area.... (could be a pro for some though)
  • In a nutshell:Great place to party, but I could never live here!
  • Last visit to Hermosa Beach: May 2003
  • Intro Updated Dec 27, 2007

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2006 at 11:48 PM

Hi angela! I am reading a book set in Hermosa Beach and wanted to see what it looks like. Nice page, nice beach...Happy birthday from Finland!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2005 at 6:50 PM

great tips! In my last job I had freq bus trip to Redondo. When we got tired of the pier we would drive up here and hang out.

• Nov 6, 2004 at 12:07 PM

Sharkeez? Sounds good! Will try it next time I'm around in HB. Thanks!

• blaird's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2004 at 3:47 PM

I've had no drunk guys grab my a** in Hermosa, thank God.

• miksu's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2002 at 1:30 PM

Nice start...........we`ll be back......:-))

• jcots's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2002 at 8:53 AM

Waiting for more info!!!!

• tak_pap's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2001 at 9:31 AM

funny pictures, cool start - I`ll be back for more !

bruingirl

“Just go with the flow....”

Badges & Stats in Hermosa Beach

Have you been to Hermosa Beach?