"NO DOUBT, AUSTRALIA IS A TOP TOURIST DESTINATION" Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania by AusPinay
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide: 69,929 reviews and 181,507 photos
Even for a local Aussie like me, there are still heaps of places to see in our beautiful paradise!OF course, there's the usual icons where new events, concerts, plays, arts and music festivals are happening.
But to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, many enchanting spots are yet to be discovered in this hugely amazing place!
During winter for instance for our family of four, we drive to the southern highlands where there is always something new to explore- quaint villages, historic churches, or just visit little museums, scenic parks and fabulous beaches where we usually have the whole place to ourselves!
Just last weekend, we trekked to the newest attraction, The Ilawarra Fly Treetop Walk, about an hour a half drive from our home in North Sydney.You can view more on this at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/fc9e6/5/6/
From there, we drove to our fave winter haunt to Canberra, the capital city of Australia where we go every year, sometimes two or three times a year to keep abreast of new exhibits and other educational marvels at various places like the QUESTACON (Science Museum), Australian Dinosaur Museum, Parliament House , etc. It is also a good base for going to the SNOWY MOUNTAINS (KOSCIUSKO NATIONAL PARK) for snow fun.
This year we went up MT. SELWYN SNOWFIELD for heaps of tobogganing fun!(more details at my off the beatn path tip) You don't have to spend much to enjoy the snow especially if you have young kids.
Go through my Australia page and you will find heaps to do and see any season of the year!
Some facts about OZ:
Australia is composed of these states/territories: New South Wales, where Sydney is and where we live, Victoria of which Melbourne is the most popular city, Tasmania, air here is thought to add longevity to man, Western Australia, Queensland (where the famous Great Barrier Reef is found), South Australia Northern Territory, and the ACT ( Australian Capital Territory where Canberra is found).
The latter is Australia's capital contrary to popular thinking that Sydney is our capital.
Around this beautiful country, safe roads and travel would be expected so the whole family often treks around either driving, flying, riding trains to explore what this spectacular place has to offer. You won't be sorry as there is always a scenic drive just near you or a tranquil beach, lake or stream to go fishing or just chilling out!
Let the picture speak for themselves!
Just some pictures at the Opera House overlooking Harbour Bridge, taken February 2008 after we saw the Le GRANDE CIRQUE show, where else but at the OPERA HOUSE! GO see a show there, you'll be mesmerised!
Aside from the numerous beaches that line the coastlines of this great place, there are more breathtaking views to see- just take a train ride through the suburbs of Sydney- to the BLue Mountains, to the South and North Coast, etc..you will get your money's worth.
Really, what are you waiting for, GO visit Sydney NOW!
- Pros:friendly people, safe clean places and accommodation, fresh and yummy food, etc
- Cons:may be crowded during peak season so research on the Aussie school and public holidays
- In a nutshell:OZ is paradise especially Sydney, on't take my word for it, see it for yourselves!
The cold springweather didn't deter my kids in their fave pastime - playing in the sand, while hubby & I watched them,... more travel advice
For summer, plenty of swimwear- we call them cossies here. Then thongs or flipflops, plus sarong for the ladies and... more travel advice
- See All EXEMPTED GOODS THRU TOURIST REFUND...
- See All VEGEMITE- LIKE IT OR HATE IT!
- HEARD OF DROP BEARS ? re Aussie sense of...
- ENJOY a FESTVAL/LOCAL AGRI SHOW,etc....
- BARGAINS GALORE in NSydney
AusPinay's Related Pages
Australia and Oceania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "NO DOUBT, AUSTRALIA IS A TOP TOURIST DESTINATION"
- "Aboriginal Australia"
- "Being in Australia in Oceania"
- "Cruising on a Queues Ship"
- "olja1234's new Australia-Oceania Page"
- "Welcome to Australia and Oceania!"
- "Australia and the Islands of the Pacific"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia and Oceania
- Hotels in Australia and Oceania
- Transportation in Australia and Oceania
- Nightlife in Australia and Oceania
- Restaurants in Australia and Oceania
- Shopping in Australia and Oceania
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia and Oceania
- See All...
Nearby Travel Guides
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Australia and Oceania
- 384 Reviews
- 1,358 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 32 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Australia and Oceania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia and Oceania
Videos in Australia and OceaniaSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos