"NO DOUBT, AUSTRALIA IS A TOP TOURIST DESTINATION" Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania by AusPinay

Australia and Oceania Travel Guide: 67,851 reviews and 172,414 photos

TOURIST ATTRACTIONS, Family FUN and More!

Even for a local Aussie like me, there are still heaps of places to see in our beautiful paradise!OF course, there's the usual icons where new events, concerts, plays, arts and music festivals are happening.

But to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, many enchanting spots are yet to be discovered in this hugely amazing place!

During winter for instance for our family of four, we drive to the southern highlands where there is always something new to explore- quaint villages, historic churches, or just visit little museums, scenic parks and fabulous beaches where we usually have the whole place to ourselves!

Just last weekend, we trekked to the newest attraction, The Ilawarra Fly Treetop Walk, about an hour a half drive from our home in North Sydney.You can view more on this at http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/fc9e6/5/6/

From there, we drove to our fave winter haunt to Canberra, the capital city of Australia where we go every year, sometimes two or three times a year to keep abreast of new exhibits and other educational marvels at various places like the QUESTACON (Science Museum), Australian Dinosaur Museum, Parliament House , etc. It is also a good base for going to the SNOWY MOUNTAINS (KOSCIUSKO NATIONAL PARK) for snow fun.

This year we went up MT. SELWYN SNOWFIELD for heaps of tobogganing fun!(more details at my off the beatn path tip) You don't have to spend much to enjoy the snow especially if you have young kids.

Go through my Australia page and you will find heaps to do and see any season of the year!

Cheers!

ANYWHERE AROUND OZ IS FABULOUS!

Some facts about OZ:

Australia is composed of these states/territories: New South Wales, where Sydney is and where we live, Victoria of which Melbourne is the most popular city, Tasmania, air here is thought to add longevity to man, Western Australia, Queensland (where the famous Great Barrier Reef is found), South Australia Northern Territory, and the ACT ( Australian Capital Territory where Canberra is found).
The latter is Australia's capital contrary to popular thinking that Sydney is our capital.

Around this beautiful country, safe roads and travel would be expected so the whole family often treks around either driving, flying, riding trains to explore what this spectacular place has to offer. You won't be sorry as there is always a scenic drive just near you or a tranquil beach, lake or stream to go fishing or just chilling out!

Let the picture speak for themselves!

Just some pictures at the Opera House overlooking Harbour Bridge, taken February 2008 after we saw the Le GRANDE CIRQUE show, where else but at the OPERA HOUSE! GO see a show there, you'll be mesmerised!

Aside from the numerous beaches that line the coastlines of this great place, there are more breathtaking views to see- just take a train ride through the suburbs of Sydney- to the BLue Mountains, to the South and North Coast, etc..you will get your money's worth.

Really, what are you waiting for, GO visit Sydney NOW!

• Pros:friendly people, safe clean places and accommodation, fresh and yummy food, etc
  • Cons:may be crowded during peak season so research on the Aussie school and public holidays
  • In a nutshell:OZ is paradise especially Sydney, on't take my word for it, see it for yourselves!
  • Last visit to Australia and Oceania: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Jul 7, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2010 at 7:20 AM

G'day, Marie! Thanks for your great page about the wonderful OZ and Oceania!

• freddie18's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2010 at 3:33 PM

You deserve a recognition for all these very informative and helpful tips. I can't wait to see Sydney in August. Wish to meet you and your family.

• jumpingnorman's Profile Photo
    May 25, 2009 at 7:36 AM

Wow, that's a scary picture with the snake around your son! Yikes! But I do love indoor tidal waves!!! Your pages are awesome! Wish I lived in Australia but I can't drive at the left side of the road....Now I know what a drop bear is! Thanks, Norman

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2008 at 6:30 PM

saya naman! wow talaga :0) try ko kung makakarating din ako ng blue mountain. medyo hirap ako lately sa iti ko kasi dami problem dito sa work. parang ayaw ata ako paalisin. 4days to go!

• mallyak's Profile Photo
    Jun 30, 2008 at 12:20 AM

Marie/Dave, I almost feel like a Celebrety Chef!Will lokk into Thomas's craving for butter chicken!I might have to work overtime!

• Tugboatguy's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Welcome to VT! Very nice start-and good tip! I really enjoyed my Australian trips. Have Filipino friends in Perth-long way away from the east coast. Doug

AusPinay Used To Live Here!

AusPinay

“LIVE,LAUGH, LOVE! (visit my website, AUSINFORMER.COM)”

Badges & Stats in Australia and Oceania

• 1,358 Photos
  • 5 Countries

Have you been to Australia and Oceania?

Videos in Australia and Oceania