"WITH VIGO, YOU'LL BE FASCINATED" Vigo by AusPinay
Vigo Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 212 photos
When we stepped into Vigo's port, there were lots of modern structures that welcome us. However, upon embarking on an early walking tour of the city all on our own, we discovered its many fascinating spots. Just the layout of the city is truly interesting- winding roads, very steep stone staircases leading to much higher roads and walkways! The architectural plan for this town is a step out of a medieval town.
It has its own unique features that show me any street or city scene and I can tell you if it is in Vigo or not! Believe me, the ups and downs leading to more streets and shops, buildings, etc. are just amazing!
Despite the rains (we were walking in the rains literally with our ponchos, umbrella giving us some warmth and protection from the cold. But eventually we forgot the cool breeze blowing hard sometimes and then stopping as if to give us some respite to recover!
We were glad we did the tour on our own as no amount of info from any tour guide will give us a good idea of how uniquely Vigo is an important city that distinguishes itself from many of the mroe famous Spanish cities like Madrid or Barcelona for that matter.
We even found a colony of cats- of all kinds and sizes surviving in one of the abandoned buildings atop one of the many other structures lining the city centre!
Food is lovely here- we sampled the baked goods, especially the giant chocolate eclair-like pastry for 1.50 euros. We got it for Dave as his 50th bday cake.
We also got Spanish chocolate bars which were dearer at 4 Euros each with nuts and palin milk chocolate. We can only guess they were good as we gave our neighbour who kindly took us to the airport for our trip!
- Pros:Historical buildings, nice baked goods, lovely parks, yet with modern products,friendly locals
- Cons:not many dining options during a Sunday
- In a nutshell:Vigo is not to be missed, unkown Spanish gem of interesting history!
This is amazing architectural marvel, withstood the test of time. However we found that a part of it has been overrun... more travel advice
The main feature that will distinguish Vigo from other places is its town layout which is always winding towards the... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Vigo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Galicia's largest town"
- "Vigo, Spain"
- "Best seafood and meat in Spain!"
- "WITH VIGO, YOU'LL BE FASCINATED"
- "BERBERECHO's new Vigo page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigo
- Hotels in Vigo
- Transportation in Vigo
- Nightlife in Vigo
- Restaurants in Vigo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vigo
- 7 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Vigo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigo
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos