"Magical CORFU" Top 5 Page for this destination Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) by AusPinay
Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Travel Guide: 1,041 reviews and 2,920 photos
We took a bus tour of Corfu and found that this northernmost island in the Ionian Sea is therefore at the heart of the Mediterranean. Named by the Venetians Kerkyra, it is covered in lush vegetation, climate of which is temperate yet not too dry.Of varied terrain, rocky, sandy and broken up by the typical MEditerranean flora- bushes, olive , cypress and citrus trees! We could smell the citrus and the many colourful flowers that chareacterise the area- my favourite red geraniums and many roses of various varieties of course!
We enjoyed the views and vistas from every vantage point of the Monastery we visited and saw good glimpses of the waters around it. The sapphire blue waters are awesome to watch as the waves caressthe shores along with the greenery around them! A sight to behold! The seemingly never-ending coastline is the real jewel of this island paradise that only dreams are made of!
Hubby was so full of joy that he declared to me "well done" for choosing to cruise to Corfu!
It is interesting to note that if anyone starts digging to build a home here, there is almost always a chance of discovseerign ancient ruins so it must be stopped and evaluated by the authorities first. If it is declared a historical site, then the builder must stop and move one. It is amazing indeed that amidst the many ruins and historical buildings and other structures like churches and monastery, etc..they are mostly well-preserved!
We could retire here! Corfu is simply divine! I cannot think of any negative thing to say about this place! We just love it so much, the long wait to come here has been worth every stress, heavt luggage, 4 stranded days, etc..
The photos will prove how charming and awesome you'll find CORFU. It is a bonus that Greeks are so friendly as compared to Italians for instance!
Will post more pics next time!
- Pros:spectacular sceneries, clear azure waters, plenty of history,etc.
- Cons:could not think of any
- In a nutshell:Corfu is a dream come true, go see it and you'llfind it hard to leave it!
I find Greeks very friendly and the shopkeepers are very helpful too! It is also a plus that prices here are so... more travel advice
This place has plenty of attractions around it! They include various green spaces, seasonal flowers, a Romani-influenced... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Corfù / Kerkyra - the green corner of Greece"
- "The most italian Greek Island"
- "FUN IN THE SUN"
- "GRANT IN CORFU."
- "Magical CORFU"
- "Corfu ,Dassia 03"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- Hotels in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- Transportation in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- Nightlife in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- Restaurants in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- Shopping in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- Warnings and Dangers in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
- 7 Reviews
- 36 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)
Photos in Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu)See All Photos (36)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Port Huon Intro, 24 reviews, 112 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Hobart Intro, 17 reviews, 66 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (30)
Top Prefecture of Kerkyra (Corfu) hotels
- Corfu Island Hotels
- 379 Reviews - 1225 Photos
- Moraitika Hotels
- 13 Reviews - 25 Photos
- Kerkyra Hotels
- 379 Reviews - 851 Photos
- Sidarion Hotels
- 4 Hotels
- Karousades Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Kassiopi Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 81 Photos
- Nisos Antipaxoi Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Gouvia Hotels
- 15 Hotels
- Agios Matthaios Hotels
- 1 Hotel
- Giannades Hotels
- See nearby hotels
- Pelekas Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 18 Photos
- Paxoi Island Hotels
- 90 Reviews - 258 Photos
- Lefkimmi Hotels
- 2 Hotels