"HISTORICAL AND CHARMING GREECE" Greece by AusPinay
Greece Travel Guide: 27,486 reviews and 78,023 photos
The Parthenon, Acropolis, Agora, not to mention the enchanting islands like Corfu, Santorini, Mykonos, and many more.
Greece is without doubt an island nation of many facets. Be it historial significance you're after or just simply discovering its many wonderful vistas and island paradise, it is hard not to love this country!
For one, the Greeks for us seem to be very firendly and polite. We took public transport from the poprt of Pyraeus to Athens without any knowledge of the Greek language and survived! We were helped everywhere we went in Greece and in the islands, the locals were even more charming and friendly. The cities can be chaotic but the shopping is always good and prices are so reasonable!
We have been truly charmed by the Greek Isles and even dream of retiring in either Corfu or Mykonos! We can only dream I guess!
It is far more than we expected and we are truly in love with its people and the islands full of the grandest of beauty that is just delight to the senses!
Cruising afforded us to fully appreciate the grandeur and awesome beauty of the Greek islands-whether those in the Ionian Sea, Aegean, etc..Whichever you choose to see, prepare to be amazed!
- Pros:amazing vistas, lovely beaches, friendly locals, cheap goods, great food
- Cons:nothing much to say about them, we'e hooked!
- In a nutshell:The Greek islands are a must in every traveller's itinerary, you won't want to leave!
You'll be surprised how riding a donkey up the mountain in Santorini easily became the highlight of our cruise to... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Greece Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greece - Ellada 2008"
- "Greece... as lovely as it seems!"
- "My beloved Greece..."
- "Following in the Footsteps of Paul"
- "FALLING IN LOVE WITH GREECE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Greece
- Hotels in Greece
- Transportation in Greece
- Nightlife in Greece
- Restaurants in Greece
- Shopping in Greece
- Warnings and Dangers in Greece
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Greece
- 23 Reviews
- 103 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Greece?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Greece
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: some advice"
- Wrote a Review Don't Miss Riding the Donkeys Up Santorini in Greece Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Don't Miss Riding the Donkeys Up Santorini"
- created a Greece Travel Page "HISTORICAL AND CHARMING GREECE"
- Commented on one of freddie18's Greece travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Top Greece hotels
- Athens Hotels
- 4433 Reviews - 10104 Photos
- Santorini Island Hotels
- 1604 Reviews - 5124 Photos
- Thessaloniki Hotels
- 542 Reviews - 1523 Photos
- Crete Island Hotels
- 1429 Reviews - 3749 Photos
- Kos Hotels
- 329 Reviews - 761 Photos
- Mykonos Hotels
- 429 Reviews - 1016 Photos
- Corfu Island Hotels
- 381 Reviews - 1228 Photos
- Rethymno Hotels
- 165 Reviews - 349 Photos
- Chania Hotels
- 191 Reviews - 464 Photos
- Heraklion Hotels
- 309 Reviews - 852 Photos
- Parga Hotels
- 144 Reviews - 397 Photos
- Oia Hotels
- 137 Reviews - 451 Photos
- Elounda Hotels
- 55 Reviews - 159 Photos
- Kavala Hotels
- 81 Reviews - 252 Photos
- Alexandroupolis Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 94 Photos