"FAMILY ROAD TRIP Christchurch to Queenstown" Christchurch by AusPinay
Christchurch Travel Guide: 1,251 reviews and 2,676 photos
Christchurch being a very popular tourist destination in NZ, my family and I arrived at this very cosmopolitan city and was not disappointed!
Everywhere was lovely scenes depicting an English town! Our decision to rent a car,which turned out to be a new 4 wheel drive added to our excitement!
First stop was fantastic Antarctic Centre where we got very surrealistic glimpses of life in the very frozen world Antarctica.If you're going to Christchurch which is on the South ISland of NZ, don't miss this magical place!
We also tried riding the hagglund, which was a form of Scandinavian vehicle that can be used in water and land. It was a bit scary but still fun over all riding it outside the museum in the manmade hills which substituted for the tricky terrains in the Antarctic.
From there we also went up Mt. Hutt which was at the time starting to have a lot of snow cover and it was fantastic!
It was cold, freezing to be exact and all I could manage was a quick pose or two and then off to the coffee shop to soak the warmth of the fireplace there!
Over-all Christchurch was spectacular with its lush English gardens, verdant meadows with healthy looking cows/ sheep and other farm animals along the highway going to Queenstown.
Food and service everywhere was good,. NEw Zealanders are known to be friendly people and we felt that! It also helped that their roads are safe and have ample signs so our road trip went well!
- Pros:good safe roads, friendly locals, clean places
- Cons:of course can be very cold, but more snow in the mountains
- In a nutshell:Christchurch is a Must-See Spot in NZ like Queenstown.
After landing at Christchurch airport from Sydney we immediately picked up our rented car, but was pleasantly surprised.... more travel advice
A very realistic glimpse of life in the Antarctic region can be experienced at the very popular Antarctic Centre which... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Christchurch Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Shaken but not beaten: A city rising from ruins"
- "My Home - The (Shakey) Garden City"
- "Over Looking Lyttelton Harbour"
- "Charming Christchurch"
- "My winter holiday in summer"
- "Christchurch - Gateway to the South Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Christchurch
- Hotels in Christchurch
- Transportation in Christchurch
- Nightlife in Christchurch
- Restaurants in Christchurch
- Shopping in Christchurch
- Warnings and Dangers in Christchurch
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Christchurch
- 5 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Christchurch?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Christchurch
- updated a Christchurch Travel Page "FAMILY ROAD TRIP Christchurch to Queenstown"
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: some advice"
- Wrote a Review Driving in New Zealand's South Island is HEAVEN! about getting around in Christchurch Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "EXPLORING MT. HUTT near Christchurch"
Photos in ChristchurchSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos