"Burnie, Important Port with Hidden Beauty" Burnie by AusPinay
Burnie Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 22 photos
As an important port in Tassie, it has become a remarkable town with the discovery of mineral deposits in the west coast, via the Mt. Bischoff mines and Burnie's population has increased dramatically over the years.
According to the info provided by Princess cruises, it now has around 19,000 people and a major industrial centre and one of Australia's largest and most significant deepwater shipping contaniner ports handling over two million tons of cargo a ywar. Many of its cargo are sent worldwide- honey, fruits and vegies and many more.
Our bus tour guide gave us a good lesson on the many products of Tasmania sent overseas and around Australia via Burnie.
- Pros:Rich in resources, fresh fruits, vegies, seafood, etc.
- Cons:Not many dining options in town, looks boring from the port
- In a nutshell:Burnie is am important Tassie gem, not many people know there's hidden beauty around it!
A good place to sample the good old Aussie savoury meat pies and sausage rolls is the Bake house at Penguin a few... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Burnie Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burnie, Important Port with Hidden Beauty"
- "Burnie - Centre of the Tasmania's North West Coast"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Burnie
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Burnie?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burnie
Photos in BurnieSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (31)
Latest Burnie hotel reviews
- Beachfront Voyager Motor Inn Burnie
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 13, 2013