"Australia's Greatest Open Range Zoo at Dubbo" Dubbo by AusPinay
Dubbo Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 84 photos
With over 300 hectares of bushland, Taronga's Western Plains Zoo is top notch and you will feel like being in a safari not just among African animals but around crreayres from all over the globe! It is a great open range zoo, which means, the animals are not in cages but roaming freely in wide open spaces and people see them either by riding on their own cars, bike, or even on foot as we sometimes did as the weather was fantastic when we were there.
The firsttiem we visited it was when our eldest was only 7 months old and it was stinking hot in April. Wealways were told that it is always cold there but our experiences were completely the opposite.
- Pros:wide open spoaces, fresh air, up close and personal with animals,etc
- Cons:extreme weather- too hot in summer and too cold in winter
- In a nutshell:Dubbo Zoo is always a magical place to be up close and personal with animals around the world!
AusPinay's Related Pages
Dubbo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the Western Plains Zoo & Lots More Too"
- "Sweetberry's Dubbo Page"
- "Dubbo - Home to the WesternPlains Zoo"
- "Dubbo - Bit of a Surprise Package"
- "DUBBO - THE CITY OF SMILES!"
- "The Best Zoo in Australia"
- "a few days in Dubbo NSW"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubbo
- Hotels in Dubbo
- Transportation in Dubbo
- Restaurants in Dubbo
- Shopping in Dubbo
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubbo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubbo
- 1 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Dubbo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubbo
Photos in DubboSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos