"PORT ARTHUR- BE SURPRISED!" Port Arthur by AusPinay
Port Arthur Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 166 photos
PortArthur is best known for several painful memories that make it notorious - first, historically as a place used to be the punishment station for repeat offenders from all the Australian colonies from 1833 to 1877.
Then it recent times, it was the site of a mentally unstable man's rampage killing innocent people as they go about visiting the historic site.
However, as we joined one of Sun Princess' shore around the magnificent area, we discovered it has spectacular views dotted around it that includes a rich history of geological changes over the years!
Just check out the photos, awesome!
- Pros:Port Aurthur has a rich geological history and must be explored!
- Cons:The painful memnories that struck this place make it difficult for people to appreciate.
- In a nutshell:Port Arthur is enchantingly rich in specatuclar rock formations and historically important as a reminder of man's limitations.
Tasmania has a rich natural karst (cave) systems, including some of the deepest and best decorated caves in the southern... more travel advice
This is a humble place that gives a good look on the spectacular sceneries dotting the long coastline around the Tasman... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Port Arthur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CONVICT SETTLEMENT"
- "Get a sense of the history"
- "More than Just a Jail!"
- "Port Arthur - Convict's Retreat"
- "Port Arthur Gateway to Freedom"
- "Port Arthur"
- "PORT ARTHUR- BE SURPRISED!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Port Arthur
- Hotels in Port Arthur
- Transportation in Port Arthur
- Restaurants in Port Arthur
- Warnings and Dangers in Port Arthur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Port Arthur
- 5 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Port Arthur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Port Arthur
Photos in Port ArthurSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Port Huon Intro, 25 reviews, 117 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- Hobart Intro, 18 reviews, 71 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos