"Dubai, Vibrant, A Mix of Modern and Ancient" Dubai by AusPinay
Dubai Travel Guide: 2,812 reviews and 8,425 photos
You got to love Dubai, despite its stinking hot weather most of the year! The lure of shopping and the luxury and ostentatious buildings and amenities intermingle with the desire of tourists to experience what this city has to offer!
Just driving through this city's immense skycrapers, clean streets, mosques and many developments and building works boggles the mind! We are truly in awe of the amazing projects this city is coming out throughout the years. Realising that the oil will not be endless and bound to dry up in the future, the leaders of this city and the whole country of UAE have envisioned a new era for the people of this desert nation. I am blessed to be able to see the wonders that Dubai and the UAE as a whole has to offer.
We took a bus tour (for free as you know we were stranded in the UAE due to the volcanic ash problems in Europe). So for three days we were stuck here, HAPPILY may I add! So enjoy our accidental sojourn into this wonderful city!
- Pros:lots of shopping, modern amenities and skyscrapers, friendly people
- Cons:can be crowded and chaotic, stinking hot most of the year
- In a nutshell:Dubai in enchanting, fabulous and magical!
This is the world's tallest hotel building : 321m high, a truly iconic Dubai architecture! Amazing is the only word I... more travel advice
AusPinay's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not all that glitters is gold..."
- "Nothing is Too Impossible in Dubai"
- "DESERT ROSE MONOLOGUES - A DUBAI AFFAIR"
- "DUBAI - The Pearl of Arabia"
- "Developing Dubai"
- "Dubai - a city growing before your eyes!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
- updated a Dubai Travel Page "Dubai, Vibrant, A Mix of Modern and Ancient"
- Posted in Travel Australia Forum "Re: some advice"
- Wrote a Review Iconic Dubai structure, Burj Al Arab Hotel about Burj Al Arab in Dubai Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Iconic Dubai structure, Burj Al Arab Hotel"
- Commented on one of JessH's Dubai travel pages
Photos in DubaiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Australia and Oceania Intro, 69 reviews, 215 photos
- North Sydney Intro, 61 reviews, 148 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sydney Intro, 40 reviews, 130 photos
- Port Huon Intro, 29 reviews, 136 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 121 photos, 4 travelogues
- Hobart Intro, 26 reviews, 98 photos
- Canberra Intro, 24 reviews, 66 photos
- United States of America Intro, 17 reviews, 67 photos
- Tasmania Intro, 13 reviews, 53 photos
- Milan Intro, 13 reviews, 52 photos