"Mountain life at its best!" Nagcarlan by AusPinay

Nagcarlan Travel Guide: 22 reviews and 103 photos

My Father's Ancestral Town

Visiting Nagcarlan is always a pleasure, despite the many hours spent getting here! Verdant mountains and hills, lots of flowing rivers, lakes, and scenic falls, this place is a quaint little town with many things to offer the tourist, local or foreign.

However, be prepared for the long trip along dusty roads, as this town is really in the midst of steep and rough mountains and rivers. We used to say that before we could reach our father's relatives place,we have to cross seven mountains and seven rivers!

But, the reward is endless- lush fruit trees- mostly coconuts and lanzones, my fave fruit of all time, which only has rich harvest every other year as I recall! At that time we were there, of course December is not the season but usually October I think.

This is a place where the animals roam free, where you need to ride horses along the mountaintops to reach your neighbours faster!People live simply here as far as I can remember although many have gone overseas like many of my relatives for "greener pastures."

If you like fresh air and simple life, no electricity up the mountains, then Nagcarlan is your place. Forget the centre of town, the good life is up the mountains! However if pressed for time, there are pockets of little rivers and waterfalls near the town itself so you won't be disappointed. All you have to do is get some picnic food from the local market and pay a small fee to hire one of the little picnic huts along the rivers!

• Pros:lots of scenic spots teemign with lush vegetation, mountains, rivers, lakes,etc.
  • Cons:very hard to reach, need a lot of time to explore
  • In a nutshell:Nagcarlan is a tiny beauty which I hope will remain untouched by the modern world!
  • Last visit to Nagcarlan: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Feb 13, 2009

AusPinay Visits Here Frequently!

AusPinay

“LIVE,LAUGH, LOVE! (visit my website, AUSINFORMER.COM)”

Badges & Stats in Nagcarlan

Have you been to Nagcarlan?

Latest Activity in Nagcarlan