"Portugal's many fascinations" SergioT123's Profile

Following its heyday as a world power during the 15th and 16th centuries, Portugal lost much of its wealth and status with the destruction of Lisbon in a 1755 earthquake, occupation during the Napoleonic Wars, and the independence in 1822 of Brazil as a colony. A 1910 revolution deposed the monarchy; for most of the next six decades, repressive governments ran the country. In 1974, a left-wing military coup installed broad democratic reforms. The following year, Portugal granted independence to all of its African colonies. Portugal is a founding member of NATO and entered the EC (now the EU) in 1986.

Decorative facades

• Intro Updated Jul 8, 2008

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2011 at 5:35 PM

Happy early Birthday wishes------:-) Ann, TS

• Urzu's Profile Photo
    May 26, 2010 at 3:57 AM

Hiya! So even if you're not here (MIA again!!). Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! =)

• Aug 30, 2009 at 2:23 AM

What are you up to these days Sergio? Greetings from Varna Bulgaria - this is where I live now. Cheers, Marina ;-)

• TravellingSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2009 at 7:46 AM

Were you at the euromeet? I didn't see you there - it would have been lovely to meet you. Was a fantastic weekend and I love your country even more.

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Great intro photo!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Outstanding intro photo. Well done.

• Marisola's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2008 at 3:39 PM

I love the name Serge or Sergio! Just like Marie or Marisola!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I won't make it to next year's big Euro meet Serge but we have our big downunder meet in September. I've got my name down for the big Africa one in 2011. Cheers, Ann :o)

• tere1's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2008 at 4:37 AM

Not yet...I am on a diet ;-)))))Cheers|

• WorldMeet2008's Profile Photo
    Jul 24, 2008 at 10:25 AM

Your next trip? Make it really unique! It's not too late to attend WM08 - Jerusalem, Tel Aviv & Dead- Sea on 25- 28th Sept (+Petra 29-30th). We want to double the num of attendees to 100! Click to learn where, when, what, how, how much! Avi [FruitLover].

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
SergioT123's Profile Photo

SergioT123

“It's the country to be in......in 2009 ,yeah;-) ! VT euromeet '):”

Real Name