"Portugal's many fascinations" SergioT123's Profile
Following its heyday as a world power during the 15th and 16th centuries, Portugal lost much of its wealth and status with the destruction of Lisbon in a 1755 earthquake, occupation during the Napoleonic Wars, and the independence in 1822 of Brazil as a colony. A 1910 revolution deposed the monarchy; for most of the next six decades, repressive governments ran the country. In 1974, a left-wing military coup installed broad democratic reforms. The following year, Portugal granted independence to all of its African colonies. Portugal is a founding member of NATO and entered the EC (now the EU) in 1986.
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 9 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- SergioT123 and olja1234 are now friends.
- Commented on Urzu's profile page
updated their Personal Page "Yeah, its me. how are ya??"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yeah, its me. how are ya??"
- Posted in Travel Sozopol Forum "Re: Transit and other"
- Wrote a Review stay away from this guy! in Lisbon Warnings and Dangers
- updated a Lisbon Travel Page "Ton of stuff to be doing in Lisbon. Check it out"