"VIENNA" Vienna by alyf1961
Vienna Travel Guide: 7,642 reviews and 19,382 photos
Vienna is the capital of Austria. It lies in the east of the country in lower Austria and Burgenland.
It lies on the river Danube and it was in the heart of the medieval Holy Roman Empire and later the mighty Hapsburg Austro-Hungarian Empire. There are many fabulous buildings in the city and many famous people resided her including Beethoven, Mozart, Strauss [composer of the Viennese waltz], Brahms, Schubert and Adolph Hitler lived here from 1907 until 1913.
The Burgtheater is one of the most prestigious theatres in the German-speaking world. The original theatre was built in... more travel advice
Volksgarten [the people’s garden] was created in 1830 when napoleon had the city walls destroyed. more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Vienna Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My birthplace & the place where I feel at home !"
- "VIENNA, AUSTRIA ~ MUSIC IS IN THE AIR !"
- "WALTZ INTO VIENNA!"
- "Rainy day in Vienna 2006, sunny in 2013"
- "VIENNA AND THE PASSION OF ART"
- "Vienna and its never-ending history"
- "Just More then Mozart, Strauss und Sacher torte"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vienna
- Hotels in Vienna
- Transportation in Vienna
- Nightlife in Vienna
- Restaurants in Vienna
- Shopping in Vienna
- Warnings and Dangers in Vienna
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vienna
- 30 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vienna
Videos in ViennaSee All Videos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 158 reviews, 444 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- The Gambia Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues