"HARROGATE" Top 5 Page for this destination Harrogate by alyf1961
Harrogate Travel Guide: 45 reviews and 133 photos
Harrogate is a spa town in north Yorkshire in the north of England. It has historical buildings and beautiful gardens as well as lovely tearooms and cafes.
Harrogate dates back to 1332 and the town was made property of the Royal Crown. In 1571 William Slingsby discovered the first mineral well in Harrogate and the spa town became very popular. After WW1 there was a decline in the popularity of spa’s, this led the town of Harrogate to encourage business’s and companies to come to the town and use the conference facilities.
The Royal Pump room was built on one of the sulphur wells found in Harrogate. This sulphur well is believed to be the... more travel advice
The Winter Gardens is a delightful Wetherspoons pub/restaurant in Harrogate. It is in a former bath house which was part... more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Harrogate Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Harrogate North Yorkshire"
- "Harrogate November 07"
- "Harrogate north yorkshire."
- "Harrogate - The Victorian Spa Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harrogate
- Hotels in Harrogate
- Transportation in Harrogate
- Restaurants in Harrogate
- Shopping in Harrogate
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harrogate
- 5 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (42)
Have you been to Harrogate?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harrogate
Photos in HarrogateSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 158 reviews, 444 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- The Gambia Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues