"HATHERSAGE" Hathersage by alyf1961
Hathersage Travel Guide: 46 reviews and 256 photos
Hathersage is a beautiful, peaceful town in the peak district.
The town was built on the river Derwent and lies 12 miles from Buxton and 10 miles from Sheffield.
The town was famous for its needle and pin manufacture but the last mill was closed in 1902 and the needle making business was moved to Sheffield.
Hathersage has a railway station, which has regular services to Sheffield and Manchester by the Hope valley line.
Dale mill was built as a button manufacturer in 1720. The metal was brought from Sheffield made into brass buttons and... more travel advice
The lunch here was delicious. I had lamb shank. It came with a small amount of potato on the plate and vegetables in a... more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Hathersage Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Countryside Day Out"
- ""The Ooop North Crew" are in town"
- "A Yummy Day out in Hathersage"
- "We welcome yumyum to Hathersage"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hathersage
- Hotels in Hathersage
- Transportation in Hathersage
- Restaurants in Hathersage
- Shopping in Hathersage
- Warnings and Dangers in Hathersage
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hathersage
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (44)
Have you been to Hathersage?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hathersage
Photos in HathersageSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 158 reviews, 444 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- The Gambia Intro, 31 reviews, 109 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues