"LEEDS, LIVE IT, LOVE IT" Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds by alyf1961

Leeds Travel Guide: 595 reviews and 1,722 photos

WHATS ON IN LEEDS!!!!!! **

TOUR DE FRANCE 2014
Leeds will host “The Grand depart” at the start of the 2014 Tour de France.
kicking off this great race on the 5th and 6th of July, this will be the first time that the race has been to the North of England.
%s*
A CITIZEN OF LEEDS IS KNOWN AS A LOINER WHICH IS A WORD DERIVED FROM LOIN OR ROLL OF CLOTH

Most people would not think of visiting Leeds as a tourist, but this is a great city. We have designer shops Luis Vuitton, Vivienne Westwood and Harvey Nichols. And of course, Leeds is the birthplace of Marks and Spencer’s. there is also a massive indoor and outdoor market.
There are many café’s and restaurants and because of our fantastic university plenty of bars and nightclubs.
Each year we have the Leeds festival, which is one of the top three festivals in the country with headliners such as the Artic Monkeys, Razor Light, Muse and Red-Hot Chilli Peppers.
Regular gigs by homegrown bands such as the Kaiser Chiefs and the Pigeon Detectives also take place in the city.
We have many museums including the Royal Armouries, which is linked to the Tower of London.
Temple Newsam, Abbey House and Thackeray Medical Museum are within easy reach of the city centre with Harewood House and Lotherton Hall on the outskirts.

I HOPE YOU ENJOY MY TRAVEL PAGES

LEEDS

VISIT LEEDS, PRIDE OF YORKSHIRE.
A metropolitan city, full of life and vitality as well as steeped in history and old traditions.
We have everything a tourist would need, perhaps with the exception of decent weather; we have museums, theatres, cinemas, restaurants, designer shops, the largest market in Europe and a nightlife that is second to none.

TOP ATTRACTIONS

CITY MUSEUM

• Pros:Leeds has it all history, shopping, restaurants, pubs and nightclubs
  • In a nutshell:One of the top cities in the North
  • Intro Updated Dec 21, 2013

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2013 at 1:38 PM

great page!

• alyf1961's Profile Photo
      Feb 5, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Thanks for visiting my pages, I am very proud of my humble city. :)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I’ve just been reading some of your newer tips, the ones you have added or updated since I last looked at this page in August 2011. Nice tips and photos!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2012 at 12:38 PM

Leeds is of course worth visiting....It would be great to explore the city as much as you did... Thanks for sharing your observations!~

• starship's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2012 at 5:32 AM

Excellent page!! Leeds is not only an interesting but very beautiful city!! The architecture is magnificent. Never been to Leeds but if I ever am able to return to England, I definitely want to visit Leeds!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2012 at 1:33 AM

Great memories from this city; why not coming back one day?

• slothtraveller's Profile Photo
    Nov 29, 2011 at 8:54 AM

Thanks for the tips on Leeds, Alyson. I'll be visiting a friend and we are going to the Christmas market in Leeds together next week. Should be good fun!

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 1, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Interesting tips on your home city! I certainly remember reading about Lord Darnley, the husband of Mary Queen of Scots, but never realized he came from Leeds. I see you have signed up for the VT meetings in Paris and I look forward to meeting you there.

• spidermiss's Profile Photo
    Mar 25, 2011 at 12:36 PM

Just had tea at the Red Hot Buffet...great restaurant with an amazing choice!x

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2011 at 7:30 AM

Hi Alyson! Enjoyed reading your Leeds page. Feeling hungry now after all those restaurant tips! I'm in Leeds for work early May- a good excuse to explore your city (and try out some of the food) I'll drop you a line when I know definate dates/times etc.

• bonio's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2011 at 1:01 PM

Nice page about your home city, other than Elland Rd I've never visited but having second thoughts now, thanks

alyf1961

“Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints....unless it's muddy then try not to leave footprints!!”

Badges & Stats in Leeds