"OTLEY" Otley by alyf1961
Otley Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 15 photos
Otley is a picturesque market town in West Yorkshire. It is on the bus route from my place of work and not too far away. I sometimes have a trip out there after work in the summer.
The town dates from Saxon times as do all local towns that end ley.
The town sits between the river Wharfe and the Chevin.
King Henry III granted the town a royal charter in 1222.
Otley is not a tourist destination but it gets full in the summer months with locals and visitors to the market.
The bridge over the River Wharfe at Otley is becoming a lovers lock bridge. Popular in different parts of Europe (I have... more travel advice
The River Wharfe at Otley has lovely riverside parks and seating area's, great for sitting with a coffee or a picnic and... more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Otley Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Otley
- 5 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Otley?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otley
Photos in OtleySee All Photos (14)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 142 reviews, 392 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 96 reviews, 289 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Prague Intro, 25 reviews, 37 photos
- Beijing Intro, 15 reviews, 43 photos