"REDCAR BY THE SEA" Redcar by alyf1961
Redcar Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 46 photos
Redcar is a quaint seaside town on the north east coast of England and it was where I was born, I was actually born in Warrenby a small village just outside Redcar but it no longer exists.
Although Redcar is now in Cleveland it was in Yorkshire when I was born, so I am a Yorkshire lass and proud of it.
Redcar is famous for the oldest existing lifeboat in the world “the Zetland” the Zetland came to Redcar in 1802, was in service for 78 years, and saved over 500 lives. The ‘Zetland’ is on display in the Zetland Lifeboat Museum which is a Grade 11 listed building on the Esplanade on the corner of King Street. The people who run this museum are all volunteers and donations go to Royal National Lifeboat Institute (RNLI).
Redcar also has a racecourse and you can sometimes see trainers exercising the horses on the beach.
The fishing boats at Redcar still go out in the early morning to catch fish for local consumption. The fishing industry... more travel advice
The little chip has been here as long as I can remember, although it has had different names over the past 50 years. It... more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Redcar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "REDCAR BY THE SEA"
- "lots of sand"
- "Redcar - And Lemon Tops!"
- "REDCAR NORTH EASTERN COAST ENGLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Redcar
- Hotels in Redcar
- Nightlife in Redcar
- Restaurants in Redcar
- See All...
Explore the World
- Glacier National Park Hotels
- Saint Louis
- Washington State
- Isla Holbox
- Bonlanden auf den Fildern Hotels
- Yosemite National Park
- Province of Tarlac
- Durham Town Hotels
- Monkey Island Hotels
- Kaiserebersdorf Hotels
- Churchtown Hotels
Badges & Stats in Redcar
- 7 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Redcar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Redcar
Photos in RedcarSee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 154 reviews, 427 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skipton Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos