"WAKEFIELD" Wakefield by alyf1961
Wakefield Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 113 photos
The battle of Wakefield was held in 1460 on the 30th December. Richard Plantagenet led thousands of men from Sandal castle into battle. Richard was the great grandson of Edward III and father of Richard III.
Richard led his troops to fight Lancastrian troops that had ambushed some of his men including Edmund, Duke of Rutland. A second band of troops surprised Richard and cut him from the castle. He was killed in the field just outside Sandal castle.
alyf1961's Related Pages
Wakefield Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "YOUR VISIT HAS EARNED YOU A FREE DRINK!"
- "Wonderful Wakefield!"
- "The Administrative Centre for West Yorkshire"
- "Wakefield,The Merrie City"
- "Wakefield's Finest"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wakefield
- Hotels in Wakefield
- Nightlife in Wakefield
- Restaurants in Wakefield
- Shopping in Wakefield
- Warnings and Dangers in Wakefield
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wakefield
- 1 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Wakefield?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wakefield
Photos in WakefieldSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 156 reviews, 438 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- The Gambia Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues