"KAIROUAN" Top 5 Page for this destination Kairouan by alyf1961
Kairouan Travel Guide: 132 reviews and 457 photos
Kairouan was founded in AD 670 by Oqba ibn Nafi. The Great Mosque is an important pilgrimage destination. The city was declared a UNESCO cultural heritage site in 1988. The medina walls are over 4 miles long.
The Mirhab Dome marks the position of the mirhab which points in the direction of Mecca. more travel advice
The arcades surround the courtyard, they form long aisles to protect people from the sun. If the Mosque is full people... more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Kairouan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tunisia's Religious Centre"
- "Kairouan, the Holy City"
- "A city of mosques but also much more..."
- "KAIROUAN-Sacred city"
- "Kairouan: the 4th Holiest Muslim City"
- "My favourite city, full of culture!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kairouan
- Hotels in Kairouan
- Transportation in Kairouan
- Nightlife in Kairouan
- Restaurants in Kairouan
- Shopping in Kairouan
- Warnings and Dangers in Kairouan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kairouan
- 7 Reviews
- 16 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Kairouan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kairouan
Photos in KairouanSee All Photos (16)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 156 reviews, 437 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Skipton Intro, 19 reviews, 45 photos