"TUNISIA 2012" Tunisia by alyf1961
Tunisia Travel Guide: 4,906 reviews and 13,440 photos
I visited Tunisia in January 2012. It was a treat for me to visit on my own and not with my daughters. I found the people very friendly and the women liberated. Whilst I was there I had a couple of day trips. One to Cartharge and Tunis and one to El Jem, Monastir and Kairouan. I also went on a camel ride (poor camel).Staying at Port El Kantoui I was very close to Sousse so I took the noddy train there.
Tunisia is a modern, forward thinking country in North Africa. With beautiful scenery and friendly people. Bordered by Algeria and Libya. It takes tourism very seriously and unlike most muslim countries women have equal rights.
Tunisia have local carpet making co-op's where local women make carpets. The carpets can take a year to hand make and... more travel advice
alyf1961's Related Pages
Tunisia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "From the other side of the Mediterranean . . ."
- "Aslaama Tunisia"
- "Tunisia - From the Mediterranean to the Sahara"
- "Nice Tunisia !"
- "Tunisia - North African jewel with lots of history"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tunisia
- Hotels in Tunisia
- Transportation in Tunisia
- Nightlife in Tunisia
- Restaurants in Tunisia
- Shopping in Tunisia
- Warnings and Dangers in Tunisia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tunisia
- 21 Reviews
- 51 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (19)
Have you been to Tunisia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tunisia
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leeds Intro, 156 reviews, 438 photos, 16 travelogues
- London Intro, 98 reviews, 299 photos, 13 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 41 reviews, 129 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 28 reviews, 83 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Faro Intro, 21 reviews, 71 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 20 reviews, 65 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bradford Intro, 18 reviews, 57 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vienna Intro, 30 reviews, 43 photos
- The Gambia Intro, 15 reviews, 52 photos
- Manchester Intro, 16 reviews, 48 photos, 2 travelogues