"The city that never sleeps. The Big Apple. NYC." New York City by clueless83
New York City Travel Guide: 15,917 reviews and 32,120 photos
New York. Just two simple words that conjure up a whole lot of images...
Famous yellow taxis, sky high buildings, I heart NY t-shirts, Statue of Liberty, Empire State Building, Times Square...
Without Central Park there would be no Central Perk, without the City there would have just been alot of Sex and just where do you think Macaulay Culkin would have ended up in Home Alone 2 had there been no New York?
We've all seen New York, even if we've never been.
Despite having "seen it all before", a trip to New York had been a longtime dream of mine. I had to see it and experience it for myself. Lucky for me, my dream came true when I was studying Graphic Design and had the opportunity to take a college trip to NYC. A trip that coincided with my 21st birthday - it was meant to be! What could be more glamourous than spending your 21st in New York City?!
Unlucky for me I got quite ill the week before we were due to go and still hadn't quite recovered when we were up at some obscene time of the morning catching our flight to JFK. Me being unwell didn't ruin the trip entirely but the trip itself exhausted me to the point where I managed to get ill again before we headed back home. I made the most of my time in New York and one day in the future I would love to go back to do it all at a more relaxed pace, when the weather is warmer and to have my photograph taken with The Naked Cowboy!
...have my photo taken with The Naked Cowboy
...buy a 'little brown bag' handbag from Bloomingdales
...take a trip to Coney Island
...visit Central Park zoo (or ice skate if the weather isn't so good)
...take a taxi ride (it was all about the subway when I went)
...go to FAO Schwartz (was closed when we went)
...buy something from Tiffanys (bank balance permitting)
...take lots of cool photos with my SLR camera, which I didn't have before
- Pros:being there for my 21st birthday
- Cons:being ill :-(
Even though you've seen it on tv nothing beats the first time you step out into Times Square. I made my way out of the... more travel advice
It was a while ago and as this is one of the more popular attractions I'll keep it brief. We caught the ferry over to... more travel advice
clueless83's Related Pages
New York City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A NYC GYPSY AT HEART"
- "NYC: Everyday, Something new."
- "I Heart New York."
- ""I want to be a part of it ...""
- ". : New York City : ."
- "New York City"
- "Oh, how I want to be a part of it!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in New York City
- Hotels in New York City
- Transportation in New York City
- Nightlife in New York City
- Restaurants in New York City
- Shopping in New York City
- Warnings and Dangers in New York City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New York City
- 18 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to New York City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New York City
Top 10 Pages
- Las Vegas Intro, 44 reviews, 59 photos
- Tokyo Intro, 23 reviews, 27 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 26 photos
- Sydney Intro, 13 reviews, 28 photos
- London Intro, 17 reviews, 18 photos
- Paris Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos
- Melbourne Intro, 11 reviews, 22 photos
- Sharm El Sheikh Intro, 11 reviews, 20 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cairo Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos