"The town of the half-timbered houses" Ladenburg by lifeisatrip
Ladenburg Travel Guide: 53 reviews and 248 photos
I have been to this little village several times, and I must say, I discover something new each time.
There is a beach in town! Small and sandy - a nice place for the kids to go naked and run around. That was the case when we came upon it.
There is also a market in the center of town every Thursday offering fresh selection of vegetables and fruits, cheeses and sausages, and even flowers.
There were a number of interesting statues all over town.
15-17 August, 2008
We must have gotten there late as there was only one balloon left on the ground when we arrived. It was half-inflated and didn't seem like it was going up anytime soon. We didn't see any on the air either. We joked it was a one-balloon fest! Neither were there kites flying because there was no wind to speak of.
We did not stay very long as there was really nothing to do but eat wurst and drink, which we were not really inclined to do. Although we walked around and looked at the displays of kites the vendors had to offer.
- Pros:It's a nice daytrip from Heidelberg
- Cons:Can't think of any
- In a nutshell:It's a very relaxing sightseeing-trip.
The restaurant is located in an old building (which one might say, most buildings in Europe are old!). It was built in... more travel advice
lifeisatrip's Related Pages
Ladenburg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sleepy town with lots of history"
- "The town of the half-timbered houses"
- "Ancient Roman Place"
- "LADENBURG, GERMANY"
- "A Wombat in Ladenburg"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ladenburg
- Hotels in Ladenburg
- Transportation in Ladenburg
- Nightlife in Ladenburg
- Restaurants in Ladenburg
- Shopping in Ladenburg
- Warnings and Dangers in Ladenburg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ladenburg
- 2 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ladenburg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ladenburg
Photos in LadenburgSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nürnberg Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Keukenhof Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues