"The town of the half-timbered houses" Ladenburg by lifeisatrip

Ladenburg Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 248 photos

Ladenburg

I have been to this little village several times, and I must say, I discover something new each time.

There is a beach in town! Small and sandy - a nice place for the kids to go naked and run around. That was the case when we came upon it.

There is also a market in the center of town every Thursday offering fresh selection of vegetables and fruits, cheeses and sausages, and even flowers.

Statues

There were a number of interesting statues all over town.

The 2008 Balloon and Kite fest

15-17 August, 2008

We must have gotten there late as there was only one balloon left on the ground when we arrived. It was half-inflated and didn't seem like it was going up anytime soon. We didn't see any on the air either. We joked it was a one-balloon fest! Neither were there kites flying because there was no wind to speak of.

We did not stay very long as there was really nothing to do but eat wurst and drink, which we were not really inclined to do. Although we walked around and looked at the displays of kites the vendors had to offer.

• Pros:It's a nice daytrip from Heidelberg
  • Cons:Can't think of any
  • In a nutshell:It's a very relaxing sightseeing-trip.
  • Last visit to Ladenburg: Aug 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 18, 2008

• septem's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2009 at 11:14 AM

Hi Sylvia, Wonderful pages with some wonderful images. Have a lovely day. Juliana

• christine.j's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2009 at 10:16 PM

Ladenburg is another one of my favourite small towns. I have yet to go to the Kaffeehaus, the one in Schriesheim is very good.Thanks for the tip.

lifeisatrip

“Going through life with eyes wide open”

Badges & Stats in Ladenburg

Have you been to Ladenburg?