"Keukenhof" Keukenhof by lifeisatrip
Keukenhof Travel Guide: 188 reviews and 728 photos
I love flowers. I surround myself with flowers at home and at work. I practice Ikebana, the Japanese art of flower arranging, and I try to have a couple of arrangements at home at all times.
And so it was just logical that I had to go experience Keukenhof. I immensely enjoyed our visit to the tulip gardens in Lisse, Netherlands. It was so beautiful and calming, never mind that it was crowded. It also helped that we went on a very beautiful day, sunny and warm, albeit windy. But we were in the Netherlands afterall, where windmills are part of the landscape. So windy, it must be, for the most part.
The explosion of colors was so stunning. Tulips of so many varieties. There were also other flowers, but tulips were the main attraction.
A stroll in the park to enjoy the flowers and the scenery is something everyone needs once in a while. Keukenhof is just that place. I wished the park was closer to home.
- Pros:A very enjoyable experience for the senses.
- Cons:Can be crowded
- In a nutshell:It's a place to get reconnected to nature.
The staff was friendly. The hotel room was spacious by European standards. Although quite basic, it met our needs for... more travel advice
lifeisatrip's Related Pages
Keukenhof Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A sunny trip to Keukenhof"
- "A very colourful garden"
- "World of flowers/plants"
- "A trip to the famous Keukenhof"
- "World famous flower garden"
- "Keukenhof - The most colourful spring of your life"
- "Tip Toe Through the Tulips with Me"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Keukenhof
- Hotels in Keukenhof
- Transportation in Keukenhof
- Restaurants in Keukenhof
- Shopping in Keukenhof
- Warnings and Dangers in Keukenhof
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keukenhof
- 2 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Keukenhof?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keukenhof
Photos in KeukenhofSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nürnberg Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Keukenhof Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues