"The Acropolis" Athens by lifeisatrip
Athens Travel Guide: 4,296 reviews and 10,163 photos
One must climb by foot to the Acropolis as it sits on top of a hill. The Parthenon is the most perfect building built by the world's most advanced civilization. It was the temple for the Greek goddess Athena.
It was amazing to be standing where Greeks/Romans did their day-to-day business in ancient times, a place that holds so much history.
The remaining 15 Corinthian columns of the original 104. Construction begun in the 6th century but was not finished unti 131 AD, several hundred years later.
The theater was built by the Romans in 161 AD. It is still used today for classical concerts, ballet and other culture performances. It sits below the Acropolis
lifeisatrip's Related Pages
Athens Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My trap!"
- "Athina mou..."
- "A Dream Holiday Destination"
- "Athens afterwords"
- "The Beginning... UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!"
- "Poetry for Athena"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Athens
- Hotels in Athens
- Transportation in Athens
- Nightlife in Athens
- Restaurants in Athens
- Shopping in Athens
- Warnings and Dangers in Athens
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Athens
- 0 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Athens?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Athens
Photos in AthensSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nürnberg Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Keukenhof Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues