"Sunny Costa del Sol" Marbella by lifeisatrip
Marbella Travel Guide: 581 reviews and 2,085 photos
One of the brochures I read of Costa del Sol boasted of 360 days of sunshine. It rained for three days while we were there and this was in February, so you folks out there, the chances of rain if you go to Costa del Sol anytime this year is only two days for the rest of the year. Lucky you!
We happened to be in Marbella when the city had their Carnival Parade. It was, I was told, similar to Mardi Gras in New Orleans. I haven't been to New Orleans so I can't agree nor disagree. But it is similar to the Fasching parades in Germany, although this one was more of a happy event, setting a mood of gaiety. In Germany, people dressed up as witches, ghouls, and other scary-looking creatures, not so in this one.
There were many children spectators dressed up for the parade as well; almost like for Halloween in the US.
We were not there to be seen; definitely NOT in our rented Ford Focus, brand new it may have been.
So much wealth in such a little area. Expensive cars and boats/yatchs . . . And I thought I saw a lot of the same when we lived in Castine, Maine, where Mrs. "Intel" used to come to attend board meetings at the Main Maritime Academy . . . . not even a fraction.
Walking around, I began to wonder why we were there posing for pictures next to one or two of the many expensive cars or boats that do not belong to us. Then I posed this question to my hubby:
Me: Did we come here to make us feel inadequate?
My husband: I brought you here to put things in perspective. Lucky that you can travel and be in awe at what you can NOT have. But you have me and that is better and more important than any of these.
"Come", he said, "I'll buy you an expensive lunch!" And he did not lie; 10 small-size prawns for €40+. Ouch! At least the butter for the bread was free of charge . . . at least we thought it was.
lifeisatrip's Related Pages
Marbella Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marbella (under permanent construction)"
- "VALENTINE'S DAY IN MARBELLA"
- "Marbella - My New Home"
- "Marbella, luxury in the Costa del Sol"
- "Marbella we Love you"
- "MINI MINI VT MEETINGS"
- "VT MEETING IN MARBELLA,MAY 2006"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marbella
- Hotels in Marbella
- Transportation in Marbella
- Nightlife in Marbella
- Restaurants in Marbella
- Shopping in Marbella
- Warnings and Dangers in Marbella
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marbella
- 1 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Marbella?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marbella
Photos in MarbellaSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Vienna Intro, 6 reviews, 48 photos, 3 travelogues
- Heidelberg Intro, 11 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Sofia Intro, 7 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Basel Intro, 5 reviews, 36 photos, 2 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 8 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Milan Intro, 5 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Nancy Intro, 4 reviews, 26 photos, 1 travelogue
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Nürnberg Intro, 3 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Keukenhof Intro, 2 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues