"LOVE to travel!!!!!" Joeysage's Profile

About me...

Hi everyone!

I am a potter/sculptor living in the Northwest corner of Connecticut in the foothills region of the Berkshire Mountains. I live with my partner, Bernie and our Irish wolfhound, Misha. My website is www.funkwarepottery.com.

I am fortunate to have been able to travel a great many places and continue to do so with a trip to Amsterdam scheduled for March 2011. I will begin to add some photos and information on my travels to help others and basically return the favor. I've asked questions periodically and am always amazed by the wonderful responses. We went to Sicily in 2007 to visit Bernie's grandparents hometowns and then Poland in 2009 to visit my great grandparents hometowns and I actually found family there. We're headed to Amsterdam for our "crossing into another decade" birthdays and all three of these trips were aided by good VT people. We have our sights on New Zealand in a couple of years.

Check out our whole visit to Amsterdam on our blog. We had a fantastic time!

globalhomebetweenhereandthere.blogspot.com/

And if you go to the right, you can click on "the plans are made" and see our recent trip to Amsterdam from the beginning.

Bernie is an abstract painter and currently using natural materials and pigments in his work. You can see his work at www.globalhome.com.

Misha is my hiking companion and we walk for an hour everyday. Her tail is not the best thing to have in my studio but I love the company.

We live in a passive solar earth-bermed house and heat with wood. So the snow isn't that deep but if feels like it is right now.

Here is our house in the autumn.

• Intro Updated Jan 11, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Joeysage's Profile Photo

Joeysage

“"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" - from a fortune cookie”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.