"Holy week in Antipolo" Top 5 Page for this destination Antipolo by scarletf

Antipolo Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 190 photos

Alay-lakad 2008

Alay-lakad is primarily having a very long walk (as a way of sacrifice) that has significance on the religious belief. Christians who mostly live within Metro Manila are practicing this more. People will walk from their own place going to Antipolo church and to Via Dolorosa. Before reaching the church, there are the Stations of the Cross along the way and the devotees will stop and pray.

This was my first time to join this kind of activity. From Pasig to Antipolo is estimated 15 kilometers. Neil and I walked going there. It took us around 5hours before we reached Antipolo. We might be there earlier if we didn’t stop, eat and rest. It was such an experience because you will see different kind of people. There are able and disabled. The young ones and the young once. Men, women and the mixed type. I was so amazed of the number of people who walk. As in half the main road was closed just for the devotees and those who like to experience this adventure (like me!)

Antipolo Church

Look on how many people were here! They are waiting for the morning to come and they will go to the grotto named Via Dolorosa.

Via Dolorosa

This is the entrance going to the grotto itself.

• Last visit to Antipolo: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2012

Comments

scarletf

“Living life to the fullest”

Badges & Stats in Antipolo

Have you been to Antipolo?

Latest Activity in Antipolo