"Welcome to my World" funkycarla8's Profile

About Me

Hi my name's Carla and i live in England. I love seeing new places and learning about other cultures. I hate staying home for too long and like to spend time travelling around even if it's just for a weekend away within Britain.
My favourite Quote is: 'The World is like a book, if you don't travel you only read the first page.'

My next planned adventures are to Australia and Los Angeles again so please send me any tips you like x

Travelling Within Britain

I've been to many places within my own country and have seen many beautiful towns and villages. My Parents prefer to take the scenic route to get somewhere instead of the motorway so we see many quaint places.
I live half an hour away from London and love going there once a month with my friends shopping or just enjoying the atmosphere. If you ever visit London you must go to the London Eye (even if you don't go on it as it's quite expense) and walk along the embankment you see human statues and impressionists. They are amazing!
Places I've been to In England:
Derby
Llantwit Major
Bristol

Oversees Travels

My first flight was when i was 6 weeks old but that was only to Jersey to see my Aunt!! But since then i've got the traveling bug and have been to some more places. Mostly with the school but i still had the best time!
Places i've been:
Arizona: Mesa
New York: Mahattan, Long Island, Queens, Brooklyn
California: Los Angeles, Venice Beach

Apart From Travel

Eventhough a large part of my life is spent planning holidays and adventures for my friends, family and of course, myself - i do have many other loves and interests.

One of my main loves is for my pets. We have a Bichon Frise called Lily and 2 cats, one of which is mine. She's a grand old lady called Meryl and is looks very much like Grisabella from 'Cats'. She's just been diagnosed with Diabetes at 19 years old! She's a fighter though and we're getting closer to getting her levels controlled. Meryl is certainly the alpha pet as Lily is too cowardly to even walk past her! If any of you have a bichon you'll understand why we nickname her 'Shadow'. You think she's asleep, leave the room just to find she's standing next to you! She always thinks she's missing out on something and loves to be around people. She's a big ball of fluff really!

I have two main hobbies that coincide with each other - Dance and Figure Skating. I Ice Dance mainly which is essentially ballroom dances like ChaCha, Samba, Quick-Step etc but on ice. I'm hoping to do more freestyle skating as that's my favourite. For anyone English reading this i have a small claim to fame of skating with Sam Attwater the 2011 winner of Dancing on Ice. My Coach was training him before his audition for the show and fortunately i got to skate with him a number of times to help him train. I have done several types of dance, mainly Street Dancing and Tap but i have tried Ballroom, Bollywood, Irish, Ballet, Belly Dancing to name a few. I have done a Dance Leadership Award which means i am capable of teaching under 10years old in a small group varies forms of dance.

I'm a huge fan of Glee! That's right i'm a Gleek! I had no interest in it and didn't understand the hype until my best mate took me to the concert in June 2011 at the IZod Centre when we were in America. It was honestly the best concert i've been to and when i got home i sat and watched all the episodes that were available! I'm now converted and watch it online to keep ahead with the USA as England is so far behind!

• Intro Updated Jun 9, 2013

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Have a wonderful 2013 .Warm regards.

• fishstick's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2011 at 6:36 AM

Happy a wonderful birthday!

• FleurFox's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 3:14 AM

Hi Carla, I saw your question about things to do in Australia. I have over 100 suggestions of things to do in and around Sydney on my Sydney Page, so you can drop by if you want and take a look. :-) P.S. Your dog looks so cute!!!!!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
funkycarla8's Profile Photo

funkycarla8

“You only live once so never say no!”

Ranked Member